Rampage

Izuku's POV:

I scrolled through my contacts while beheading several more of these humanoid creatures made from my dad's scales. My eyes were narrowed as my gaze landed on exactly what I was looking for, immediately sending my location over to them, knowing that they were likely already within the dome.

I let out a low sigh breath shaking slightly from the ominous silence within the entire city. Either the people living here managed to evacuate or they were all massacred. And based on the strong metallic smell of blood, it's probably the latter.

My eyes flickered from building to building, Shinso by my side, the intense smell of ash and smoke staining the air around us. I'll have to take in very small breaths while in this area...

"It's already 11:00 p.m.?" Shinso questioned, looking down at my phone screen to which I nodded, putting it away as the atmosphere around us we continued on through the silence, despite the destruction.

I glanced over to Shinso, eyes narrowing as I saw that all too familiar look in his eyes. I have to admit, he's pretty decent at masking his fear and trauma, from what I know, he's had to mask it for his entire life. 

It reminds me of... me.

"You'll be fine," I said, smiling a bit. "As long as you're with me, you'll be safe. I promise."

It didn't seem like my words helped much, but he still gave me a small, meek nod.

Splat

I paused in place, arm swinging back a few inches from the sheer force of whatever attack just struck me in the forearm, katana nearly falling from my hand out of pain, but I kept a tight grasp on it, wincing slightly.

"What the—

Before Shinso could finish that thought, a dozen razor-sharp scales flew at us, aimed towards Shinso in particular, however, I deflected each and every one of them with my katana with ease. "Damnit... I was distracted..." I thought to myself, shaming myself for not being constantly on alert like how I've trained for.

Another one of those scale demons? 

No.

"Stand back," I ordered to Shinso with seriousness and urgency. "This one seems way more dangerous and violent."

Rumble

Crash

I looked on with bated breath, a large scale creature, partially resembling the other scale creatures, only much larger, with what seemed to be wings sprouting out from its back. The behemoth stepped out of the darkness, each step it took shaking everything around us, the very world itself bowing to its might.

I wasted no time, readying an attack as more scales were sent my way, Shinso sprinting to the closest secure location. 

"Frost Breathing: First Form: Icicle Crash!"

I blitzed the creature, taking advantage of its size and lack of mobility by piercing it straight through its large hand, which it had used to prevent me from landing a blow on its head.

Before I was able to react, I was flung violently into a nearby wall, a wall connected to a still burning building. However, I quickly boosted myself off of the wall a second after my feet touched the wall, the wall I had leapt off of crumbling from the force of my jump.

"Frost Breathing: Third Form: Frostbite!"

I dashed through the dozens of scales that floated around the behemoth, not allowing any of them to cut me again. 

In the blink of an eye, I chipped away at the behemoth's scales with swift yet light attacks, flinging hundreds of scales off into the air.

"Frost Breathing: Fifth Form: Blizzard!"