Ruins

Izuku's POV:

"We're going where?" Shinso questioned, incredulously.

I met his gaze, tilting my head, unsure if what I said was heard correctly or not.

"We're going to the outskirts of Tokyo, into the more criminally active areas. Hopefully Giran is still there. If not, we'll just break into the building I need to get into," I responded, not seeing or sensing any more scale demons nearby.

"And why exactly do we need to go over there? The people living there are probably fighting and killing each other for tiny little corners that they can hide in or take refuge in. Wouldn't it be better to go into the main city area? That's where all the heroes likely are. They must be holding these things off pretty well, right?" Shinso argued, obviously just not wanting to go back to the slums of Japan.

I understand why. He probably saw a lot in his short time with Gibran. That place is a mess. But, of course, I had a reason for wanting to go there. It would turn the tides of any dangerous battles I find myself in. Especially if I find dad again.

"The heroes might all be there, but that's also likely where the majority of those scale demons are. If we go there we run the risk of getting killed. Well... for you, at least."

"I have weapons stashed away in Giran's place. It was a contingency plan just in case something happened devastating happened which called for more than just my one katana. I was planning to get these weapons for the incident at Might Tower, but there was no time," I explained, meeting my new friend's gaze. "And besides, you probably need something to protect yourself. A weapon that would actually help you against these scale demons."

"You said Giran taught you how to shoot a gun, right?" I asked, looking Shinso dead in the eyes. He nodded. "I'm not the greatest, but yeah," he responded.

I nodded in understanding.

"Good. Then that's what you'll use."

<•------------•>

Bakugo's POV:

I reached a hand out, carefully and cautiously opening the door to the building, taking a single step inside as a soft chime rang out. I flinched back slightly, completely forgetting about the annoying ass sound this door makes whenever it's opened.

I whipped my head around, looking for any signs of those green bastards, making sure I wasn't heard by any of them, swiftly ducking down deeper into the building out of sight, after catching a glimpse of a lone green bastard who had likely heard the noise.

"Shit! Don't you dare come over here, bastard..." I thought to myself, balling my hands into fists, ready to fight back if I really needed to. Luckily, after waiting for a good minute or two, I don't know how long it was... in this situation every second feels like an eternity. Anyway, the bastard didn't come over here. 

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding back, carefully getting back up to my feet, rubbing my nape as I continued on deeper into the building. "I know the bastard is still alive, and he should still be here. He's way too stubborn for his own good and there's no way he'd leave his dojo to be destroyed. He's way too proud."

My gaze traveled to ever corner of the damned dojo, searching for the man I came here for. "Don't tell me he—

My eyes widened as I threw myself to the ground, narrowly avoiding a flying knife that had been a few centimeters away from stabbing me in the face. My eyes stayed glued onto the knife as it continued on forward until it eventually pierced a wall of the room.

"Whoever's there, leave now."

"Tsk."

I frowned, rolling my eyes as I got back up to my feet, completely ignoring the fact that the old man nearly killed me. "It's just me, old man," I called out, crossing my arms in front of my chest as my gaze landed on my sensei.