Trustworthy Pt. 2

Endeavor's POV:

I yanked Eraserhead over to me by the end of his pathetic capture scarf, locking him in place.

"You damn bastard! You had something to do with this. You and that rat!" I exclaimed, flames rising from my body.

I gritted my teeth and tightened my grasp on the man, resisting the urge to burn him to ashes immediately.

"I can assure you, Endeavor. We did not expect this to happen," Nezu stated, taking a few steps towards us. Instead of paying the rat any mind, I shot a menacing glare towards the useless detective, sending him a very clear message without having to say a word.

"Get your hands off of me, Endeavor."

I snapped my gaze back over to the underground hero within my grasp, hardening my gaze even more at the man's words.

"And who do you think you are to be ordering me around?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow at his foolishness.

Eraserhead didn't respond, instead controlling his capture scarf to wrap around my arm, removing my grasp on him while also shoving me to the side.

"That's it!" I thought to myself, anger rising within me. I raised a hand summoning flames around it, fully ready to end the underground hero right then and there.

But before I could, I could feel my quirk factor immediately fade away, as if it had been momentarily pulled away from my body.

I met the man's bloodlusted gaze, hair, and capture defying gravity as both floated up in the air.

"That's enough! Both of you!" Nezu exclaimed, momentarily breaking his calm and unbothered demeanor.

I snapped back at him. "You aren't in any position to give me orders. I warned you. The HPSC will not be very happy once they learn about your illegal involvement," I reminded, shifting my attention away from Eraserhed and to Nezu instead.

"While that may be true. I'm certain the HPSC also won't take kindly to your failure as well. In their eyes, they'll also see you as a failure, Endeavor. You also allowed for Emerald to escape. Perhaps if you didn't leave Emerald alone once you arrived, he wouldn't have been able to escape," Nezu responded, small smile returning on his face.

I gritted my teeth whilst balling my hands into fists, veins bulging from underneath my skin.

"So I suggest, at least for now, you refrain from informing the HPSC of the child's escape. Nothing was caught on camera, and we are the only ones who know of this. Besides, you can't prove that the two of us were ever here. Like I've already stated, all cameras were powered off," Nezu continued, putting his paws behind his back as he stared up at me.

"You damn rat..." I muttered, barely containing my anger, resisting the urge to crush the rat into a pool of blood.

Nezu only smiled at my statement, and I watched with seething anger as he nonchalantly walked over to Eraserhead.

"I swear... If none of us retrieve that damned brat, I'll dispose of both of you myself," I threatened, turning away from the two heroes, walking past the detective who hadn't spoken a word this entire conversation.

"Oh, and Endeavor!" Nezu called out from on top of Eraserhead's shoulder. I snapped my head back around. "What?!"

"Tell me. Did you hurt Emerald at all while the two of you were alone? Before you brought the child here to this precinct?" Nezu questioned.

I only scoffed, rolling my eyes in disinterest as I turned away from the rat and underground hero once again.

"I was trying to get information out of the brat on our way here. He wasn't complying, so I decided another method was necessary for extracting information," I explained, continuing to walk away from the group.