Coming to Terms

Izuku's POV:

My body shot up violently, instantly jumping to my feet, frantically looking around. My breathing had involuntarily quickened prior to asking up. I may have had a nightmare due to my heart rate, but I didn't remember it. Strange.

"Deep breaths Izuku... deep breaths... in... an out," I thought, clutching at my chest, a seering pain shooting out of it as my heart began calming down.

In and out

In and out

I quickly regained my composure and steadied my breath. I looked up at the sky, only to be met with an assault of sunlight harshly burning into my eyes.

I rubbed my eyes gently and carefully, regaining focused vision.

"How long have I been out?" I pondered. Looking around at my surroundings, I quickly concluded that I was in the same spot I had been prior to passing out.

Searching my own body for any bite marks from any possible demons that attempted to eat me while I was out cold, I found that the only injuries I had were the ones I had garnered from my fight with the bone demon.

My eyes swept around the ground beneath me in search of my katana, reaching out an arm to grab it, only to wince in uncomfortable pain.

"Th-that's my broken arm..." I remembered, reaching out to grab the katana with my non-broken one. I got to my feet, legs wobbling ever so slightly from exhaustion. Most of the blood all over my body had dried at this point.

It's a wonder how I'm not dead from blood loss or internal bleeding.

I attempted to take a step forward, but I stumbled forward a bit, nearly falling flat on my face.

However, before I could, I swiftly pierced the ground in front of me with my katana, resting my broken and exhausted body on it. "I need to find my way back to the entrance quickly... before they assume that I'm dead," I thought.

I took a few more deep breaths, remembering how mom taught me how to properly do it to calm myself down whenever I ended up getting a panic attack. Yeah. I used to get a lot of those.

In and out

Inhale. Exhale

I pushed myself off of my katana, attempting to stand up as straight as I could, but instantly got back into a hunchback position.

"Oh right... my ribs are broken..." I muttered, wincing a little at the pain.

I yanked he katana from out of the ground, dragging it along as I slowly walked towards where I believed to be the direction of the front entrance.

I needed to get their fast. If I didn't, I would be left behind. Sure, I'd be able to escape the first and get back to the Butterfly Mansion, but I'm not sure I'd be recognized as an official demon slayer if I don't make it in time.

I began picking up the pace, limping into a sorry form of a run. Sure, moving this fast is causing me a lot of unwanted pain. And sure, my broken ribs have a chance of puncturing something.

But I had to push past the pain, ignore it, not even acknowledge its existence. It's presence.
I've don't it many times before whenever I was injured. This time would be no different. No difference whatsoever.

"Happy birthday to me, I guess..."

————————————————————————

Purple. Lots and lots of purple. The green of the trees, if the leaves and bushes and even of the grass. It was all slowly fading into a beautiful shade of purple.