85%

DKT's POV:

"Damnit"

I dropped the mask to the ground, veins popping out from my hands and fingers, fingers twitching ever-so-slightly with anger and frustration. I watched as the mask bounced on the ground several times before coming to a complete stop.

"I can't... I can't sense him anymore..." I muttered, eye beginning to twitch full of rage, knowing exactly the amount of disaster this could cause sooner rather than later. "I should've forced him to stay by me. I should've learned from my past mistakes."

I took a deep breath in and then a deep breath out in an attempt to calm myself, drive away my rage. I reached down, picking the mask up gently and cautiously, brushing my fingers up against it, imbuing more and more of my power into it to perfectly enchant it.

"If only I set out more of my time to enchant this newly created mask, I could've finished this far sooner. However, my attention and priority have been needed in several other places as well, including finding it."

I took a few steps forward, shaking my head in shame and disappointment. "I can no longer sense Lower 1. And if I can no longer sense him, I am unable to pinpoint his current location. And unfortunately, if I cannot pinpoint his location, then I can't get this mask on him."

I stopped to think.

"Perhaps it would be best to simply dispose of him. However, as much as I threaten him with death, I cannot deny his usefulness and power. If allowed to fully grow, he could've become an upper moon years ago. But he decided to go against me... That's why this mask is necessary."

I narrowed my eyes, gaze glued onto the enchanted mask within my grasp. "It is 85% complete... it isn't enough, but it could be of temporary use once I find Lower 1."

I let a fire sparks of flames crackle and rise from my fingertips, pressing them against the mask, imbuing it with an exponential amount of energy. "I need to put all of my attention on this task. I cannot waste my time in finding Lower 1 myself."

"I need the others."

I snapped my fingers, flames swiftly disappearing as in the blink of an eye, three demons appeared before me, all seeming to be in the middle of either eating human flesh or honing their blood demon arts.

However, before long, they knew where they were and knew who it was who summoned them, instantly bowing before me, heads lowered, gazes kept glued to the ground.

"Tanjiro-Sama." All three of them greeted in unison.

I simply smiled, putting my hands behind my back.

"Lower 4. Lower 5. Lower 6. You have my sincerest apologies for interrupting your progressions. However, I have an important mission for you three to complete. It would seem as though Lower 1 has escaped my control. He has severed our connection. You three must bring him to me. Alive. If you succeed, I will grant all three of you a greater portion of my blood," I explained.

"As you wish, Master."

<•------------•>

AFO's POV:

"Success!"

I turned my head over to Dr. Garaki with a growing interest, small grin on my face as I could already sense what this excitement could mean. "Oh? I'm guessing you have made a breakthrough, doctor?" I questioned, resting my eyeless gaze on the back of the man's head.

"Indeed I have. An incredible breakthrough, in fact. The blood samples we've gathered are responding quite positively to my experiments. We are near to complete success, All For One. If I were to estimate, I'd have to say it is 85% complete. All I need is that blood sample that Emerald will be fetching us. Once I have that, you will become unstoppable," Dr. Garaki explained with a joyous glee in his voice.