Winding Ribbons

Eraserhead's POV:

Staring into the beady, unblinking eyes of the resident ratgod of UA High, Principal Nezu, one might assume by his clam stature that he is alright in the head. In reality, that couldn't be further from the truth. Just his very presence is enough to send shivers up anyone's spine, no matter how confident they may be.

A terrifying lead for the next generation of heroes. Not including Allmight, of course.

Yet another face to face meeting with my employer.

Honestly, these were beginning to get old. The topic of the day? Why, Emerald of course, as well as his practically confirmed connection with the slayer organization. At this point, meetings such as this have become redundant, repetitive to say the least.

Expectance.

Expecting me to be able to get much useful information from the kid is little more than wishful thinking. I have met with the kid five more times ever since our little talk on the roof not too long ago.

I can tell that he is getting more comfortable around me, however, comfortability does not necessarily mean trusting. They can be interchangeable at times, but confusing one for the other can be truly disastrous. Especially in my line of work.

"Nothing new," I said simply, not caring to elaborate any further on my progress.

Silence filled the room for a bit, until a light, amused hum resounded from Nezu. He only ever did that whilst pondering on contemplating something. Something new or unusual.

"Nothing? Nothing at all?" Nezu questioned, paws pressed closely together in interest.

"No. The newest thing I've learnt is that the kid has someone he considers a sister, however, I already told you about that," I responded, eyelids becoming a tad bit heavier than normal. Likely due to my lack of sleep over the past couple of weeks.

This case is going to be the death of me. Especially that kid. He's more problematic than any of my students have ever been. And that's saying something.

"This child truly isn't easy to break is he? He seems to have gotten better at concealing emotions ever since that little outburst he had the first time you two met," Nezu said.

I only nodded in response. I couldn't disagree with that sentiment. He truly is a fast learner.

Its almost as terrifying as Nezu when he goes insane. Wel... Nezu is practically always insane, so I suppose it's scarier when the chimera acts "normal".

"However, you have stated that despite not answering your questions, he has... been more talkative and open around you, yes?" Nezu asked, glaring up at me from his high chair behind his desk.

Moonlight blared through the large window behind him, creating a sort of spotlight around the ratgod. It was something you wouldn't expect to see happen coincidentally in real life. But then again, weird and unexplainable stuff always happens when Nezu is around. It is in his nature to disrupt the balance of things.

I nodded in response to Nezu's inquiry, narrowing my eyes at the way the question was asked. Almost as if he was about to have some sort of eureka moment. "Interesting... astounding, even." Nezu mumbled creepily, not much meaning in his words.

It was discomforting. Not that I could ever be fully comfortable around Nezu. It was truly impossible to be. If technology or hero society doesn't destroy the world first, then Nezu will most definitely take up the mantle.

"Was this development sudden?"

I glanced down at the chimera, contemplating his new question. It was. Emerald's new found comfortability around me and his newfound talkative nature was pretty sudden. Especially considering that when I had met up with him before that, he was dismissive of me and didn't even want to look at me.