Radiance

Ume's POV:

Rumble

Crash

I brought both arms up to my face, blocking  my eyes from the explosion of dust and rubble, the heat from the flames burning everything nearby.

I lowered my arms, gaze falling on a single scale demon that leapt out of the building, while the twelve other demon slayers I was put in charge of continued fighting off over a hundred of these scale demons.

The scale demon snapped its head in my direction, dashing towards me the very instant its gaze fell on me.

I kept my eyes narrowed, frowning slightly at the thing's disgusting and monstrous appearance.

Without any hesitation, I raised my blade above my head, performing a single downwards slash that emancipated the creature's head from its body.

I ducked down, keeping my body low to the ground as several green scales flew over my head.

 In the blink of an eye, I blitzed the scale demon who had attempted to attack me, striking it with a powerful slash to the chest, sending it flying back several meters, watching it crash into a nearby wall.

"Obi!"

In an instant, eight obi sashes sprouted out from my back, shooting forward and stabbing through the scale demon one by one, pulling it towards me.

I finished the job with a swift slice to the scale demon's neck as it was pulled towards me by my obi sashes.

"Ugly creature..." I spat, turning my attention to the rest of the scale demons that were now split up, fighting against the other demon slayers.

Sending out my eight obi sashes once again, they wrapped around a small grouping of scale demons, slamming each of them into the ground with immense force, giving the other slayers an opening to behead them.

I dashed over to a trio of scale demons that were preparing to attack a few preoccupied demon slayers.

With a few simple slashes of my katana, I easily obliterated the three scale demons, beheading each one.

Crash

I snapped my gaze to the right, yet another building coming tumbling down, all thanks to these scale demons who won't stop until everything and everyone in their path is destroyed.

"Watch out!" One of the demon slayers shouted, warning echoing in my head before I even realized that it was directed towards me.

Without having to even fully turn my body, I knew exactly where the demon was. 

It wasn't a normal scale demon. No.

 This was much, much worse.

I brought my katana up in front of my chest, turning my body around whilst getting into a defensive stance.

However, it wasn't enough.

I gritted my teeth together as an overpowering force struck me square on my stomach, causing me to cough up a river of blood. But, I was able to partially diminish the force behind the attack with my katana.

I was sent flying back, nearly crashing into a wall, still failing in catching a glimpse of what had attacked me.

I pierced my katana into the ground, forcing my body to come to a halt, letting out a low huff of strenuous exhaustion in my arms.

Crash

Rumble

My eyes narrowed, staring straight ahead at the culprit as I yanked my katana out of the ground.