Light in the Darkness

Izuku's POV:

Boom

I was sent violently flying back, not having enough time to comprehend what had just happened. Before I knew it, my back slammed against the road, once, twice, three times, body skidding along the rough ground. 

My haori tore from the friction, revealing the rest of my hidden weapons.

I coughed hoarsely, throat in immense pain as bile began to run up my throat, but I forced it back down.

My chest heaved up and down, eyes squeezed shut as I attempted to ignore the searing pain in my chest and lungs.

My lungs were now beginning to really feel the toll of the fight. Combining breathing styles was far too dangerous. I learned that the hard way when I first tried it last month. Since then, I had promised to only use it for emergencies.

This was an emergency. It was supposed to be used as a last resort, but now...

I opened my eyes, well, my single remaining eye, left one having been slashed mere moments ago. I stared up at father who was hovering meters high into the air, scales now covering every inch of his body. Two large green wings sprouted out from his back, two horns protruding from the top of his head while a long dragon tail was attached to his lower back.

His red eyes screamed with wrath, and no matter how much I wanted to look him in the eyes with the same level of animosity, I couldn't. I could only shrink back in on myself out of fear and helplessness.

The silhouette of father slowly approached, closer and closer, floating down whilst staring at me with those glowing, imposing red eyes.

I coughed up a few more drops of blood, snapping my dislocated arm back into place with a sickening crack, as I forced myself to slowly and cautiously get back up to my feet, legs wobbling and covered with blood.

Both my arms were in excruciating pain and my back was burning like it had just been set ablaze.

My hands trembled and my fingers twitched, the tight grasp on my katana faltering slightly as I struggled to keep it from falling to the ground.

"You truly are impressive, Izuku, you've made your father proud. While this display of skill and strength hasn't quite satisfied me, you've proven yourself to be a formidable opponent. Truly, you have," father said, a disgusting form of pride in his voice.

I shook my head, trying to wish away the blur settling into my vision, but it was of no use. I wanted to dash towards him, but I couldn't. 

I took a single step forward, only for my knees to buckle in defiance to my wishes, nearly causing me to fall.

Dad evilly snickered at my pathetic display of will, shaking his head from side to side.

"Unfortunately, I've lost interest. I don't have any need for broken toys, especially if that toy failed to serve its original purpose," he said, walking towards me, arms still crossed in front of his chest.

I narrowed my gaze as I continued to pant in exhaustion, keeping my gaze glued onto his own.

"Now, now Izuku, no need to look at me with such murderous intent. I can't have you dying just yet," he said with a sadistic smile on his face.

Still, I continued desperately attempting to catch my breath. "Why...? You don't want... to... k-k-kill me...? You said you lost interest in me, didn't you...?" I questioned incredulously, voice trembling.

"Oh no, no, no, Izuku. You're going to die. I just won't be doing it by my own hand. I believe you'd feel far more weak and pathetic if I had my scale demons kill you instead," he responded.