The Sample

AFO's POV:

Dim purple lights illuminated the incredibly dark room around me. Machines whizzed and whirred as the doctor switched between them with clear concentration.

The clicking and clacking of buttons and switches sounded throughout the room. My recovery will have to be put on hold for a little while. This new experiment is far more important.

If the doctor and I succeed... I will be one step closer to achieving my dream!

A large grin spread across my face.

It is always quite intriguing and fascinating seeing the doctor do his work. His passion for experimental enhancement tests is an incredibly valuable asset.

Thanks to that, we created a stable nomu!

However, what the doctor is working on is nothing of the sort. The nomus are currently unimportant.

"All For One, if I may." The doctor spoke in between strides to different parts of the room.

Gesturing for him to continue, he swiftly asked his next question.

"What was the point in having Kurogiro dispose of those two demon slayer's DNA? I'm certain the nearby cameras likely caught his purple mist engulfing the area. The heroes will likely catch on..." the doctor said.

I nodded, fully understanding his concern, my perpetual grin remaining plastered on my face.

"I couldn't have the heroes learning of their identities too soon. It would impede with my progress. Plus, once Emerald finds out I had helped him and his little friend, he may be more open to working with me," I explained, lifting my head up to face the ceiling.

"However, at the same time, I had Kurogiri leave most of Dragon's blood at the scene due to the fact that the heroes will be unable to actually use it in any meaningful way."

"It won't help them come closer in learning the truth. I kept Dragon's blood at the scene to throw the heroes for a loop. Keep them searching for something that will never be found."

"I see... mine games are not foreign to you, are they?" Dr. Garaki said, more of a statement than a question.

I only chuckled.

"How is the testing coming along, Doctor?" I asked, shifting slightly, pulling on the countless inconvenient medical tubes connected to my body.

"Yes, I believe I may be quite close to a breakthrough," the doctor responded calmly yet excitedly at the same time.

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow at the man, intrigued.

"The connection is halfway severed, our samples are becoming more and more independent overtime!"

"If we can get some even greater samples than the ones we have currently, we should be able to succeed sooner than expected," the doctor said, placing a glass tube full of a red liquid down atop a medical table.

A deep, dark, malice-filled chuckle was all that I responded with. How could I not? This was indeed a breakthrough. Something that could bring me one step closer to finally achieving my goal.

————————————————————————

Tsukaiuchi's POV:

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I let out a deep sigh of frustration and exhaustion. I looked upon the countless samples of blood we have discovered that are theorized to be connected with this so-called "secondary organization" against the slayers.

Despite all of these years. They are still classified as unidentifiable. And it doesn't seem like that will change any time soon.

Nezu and I, as well as others in my precinct have fought tooth and nail, worked night and day in an attempt to crack this case. But it is truly no use.