The Nobody

Izuku's POV:

I stared shakily at the menacing boy in front of me. His sandy blond hair and seering red eyes along with his evil smirk... It sent a chill up my spine. Tiny explosions popped and crackled out of his hands like fireworks.

Beads of sweat formed on my forehead as I balled up my hands into fists, ready to protect the hurt kid behind me from the blonde. "K-kachaan... l-l-leave h-him alone...! I-If you keep h-hurting him... I'll s-stop you...!" I attempted  putting up my fists.

The six year old blonde only walked closer to me, followed by his two friends. One had giant red wings while the other had long, stretchy fingers. "The worthless Deku, still trying to play the hero? How many times do I need to beat you up for you to get it? You're useless!" "Guess I get to teach you again."

The world slowed down. My heart rate only increasing as I fearfully waited for Kachaan's painful right hook. I couldn't dodge in time...
"What will mom say when she sees me hurt...? Why did I have to be born worthless?" I pondered in my thoughts.

I stared at the oncoming right hook, backed up by an impending mini explosion. I braced myself, eyes glued onto the attack. "W-wait... why is K-Kachaan moving so... slow?" I thought.

I gulped has I itched away from the attack, watching it fly past me, noticing the very slight muscle twitches in Kachaan's hand. Just as suddenly as this weird slow-mo ability... the world went back to its normal pace, as Kachaan stumbled forward, tripping over himself, not expecting me to dodge.

"What was that? I thought I didn't have a quirk? Why was everything so slow? How did I dodge Kachaan's attack?" I frantically searched for answers in my head, only to be interrupted by a threatening yell.

"Damn Deku! What was that?!" Kachaan pushed himself off of the ground and marched his way over to me. "I-I don't kn-know," I stammered out, backing up as quickly as possible. "You damn worthless piece of garbage!"

"W-wait!" I through me arms in front of my face in an attempt to block Kachaan's explosion. I stumbled back from the force of the explosion, falling hard on my back. The explosion scorched the fabric of my sleeves.

"Tch, you think you're better than me just cause you dodged one hit?!" Kachaan slammed his fist into my stomach. I coughed hard, nearly throwing up as he continued by stomping his foot on the my stomach.

"P-please Kachaan... I don't th-think I'm b-better than y-".  I wasn't even able to get my words out before being pummled by Kachaan. Not only was Kachaan stronger than me, his explosions only added to the pain and damage.

I tried... I tried my hardest to fight back, and that slow-mo thing didn't happen again. "It must've been a fluke... it must've," I thought as Kachaan ended his assault with an elbow to the face.

I spat out blood, battered and bruised on the ground. "Remember, Deku. You will always be a worthless little nobody. You will never be a hero... and once I become the No.1 hero you'll praise me just like everyone else!" Kachaan proclaimed, turning away from my useless body.

I looked to where the boy I had been protecting was, only to see nothing. "He must've ran away... that's good... at least he's safe... at least I saved someone..." I muttered. "Wh-why do my eyelids feel heavy...?" I pondered. "Wh-why do I feel... tired...?" I passed out broken and battered... a useless Deku on the ground... a nobody.  It was on this day that I realized that not all men are born equal.

Author's Note: A bit of a shorter chapter than Ch 1. I still hope you enjoyed. If you did please don't forget to vote on the story, it would truly mean a lot to me. I promise I'll get to the Demon Slayer aspect of the story very soon.

A detail that that you may or may not have missed is that Bakugou is 6 in this chapter, while Izuku is supposed to be 4. Izuku will be a few years younger than Bakugou and the future U.A. students.

That slow-mo situation that Deku experiences is NOT a quirk and it will be explained later as to what that was. What do you guys think this "ability" was?