Corruption

Izuku's POV:

"Prominence... Burn!"

The scream could probably be heard for a whole mile in any direction. A large burst of hellfire shot out from the man known as Endeavor, the one and only No. 2 hero. I leapt over it almost immediately, landing a strong punch on his back, an audible cracking noise ringing out through the air from the impact.

Endeavor stumbled forward, hunched over, unable to get his bearings as I used this as an opportunity to go into hiding. "You damn villain!" Endeavor exclaimed.

As quickly as possible, I dashed behind a nearby building, out of sight from endeavor.

"I knew he hated vigilantes, but I didn't think it was this bad.... Well I guess the feeling is mutual," I though to myself.

Of course, Endeavor just had to be in the area during my patrol. It's nearly midnight! He's a daytime hero. He's almost never patrolling around the same time as me. I'd expect this from someone like Eraserhead.

Trying to kill me isn't very heroic. Who am I kidding? Nothing this man does is heroic in the slightest. He ignores cries for help. He'll only focus on the villain, and will not worry about collateral damage or hurting innocent bystanders.

In fact, that attack he just set off, right next to a building was completely reckless. He could've started a massive fire. He has the highest kill count of any hero, at least that we know of. But of course, no investigations into Endeavor are made, as while he isn't the best example of a hero, he is considered effective.

I can agree with that reasoning to an extent. His effectiveness in battle and in capturing villains is up there with some of the best of the best. But effectiveness is not a substitute for heroism.

Loud, heavy stomping sounded around me as I stayed quiet in the night. I wasn't worried about being attacked by Endeavor. If we had an all out fight, I'd likely win. I was more worried about him finding me. After all, I didn't want to have even more attention drawn on me. Not after I had gotten such a great idea.

I could follow him back to his house!

Okay... that sounds a bit stalker-like and creepy, but I have good reason.

There's a chance that Dragon could be someone related to Endeavor, maybe one of his children. Sure, Dragon sounded like a man, but a demon of his caliber could very easily manipulate their own flesh to an extent. He could've easily manipulated his vocal cords to sound older. Plus, I'm pretty sure one of Endeavor's children is an adult, so it's not too farfetched to think that one of them can be Dragon.

Plus, a man like endeavor is bound to be treating his family pretty poorly. Even if I don't find out Dragon's identity, I can still pretty easily get some dirt on Endeavor himself.

"Damnit!" Endeavor yelled, just a few meters away from me.

Boom

Boom

Fire swiftly flared up around the man's body as I peaked around the corner, observing what he would do next.

I expected him to attack areas around him with hotter flames, in an attempt to find me. I expected the hero to break down walls that I may be hiding behind. I expected angered screaming of insults. But what I certainly didn't expect was for Endeavor to just... blast off...?

He gave up, just like that? Maybe he has to be somewhere?

I threw myself out from my hiding spot, cautiously and stealthily following the hero's path from directly under him.