Epilogue

AFO's POV:

It was finally here. I finally got my hands on it. 

I stared down at the syringe containing demonic blood, just waiting to be modified and changed to my own needs.

"Dragon thought he could escape, thought that he could grow to be above my control and influence," I thought to myself, chuckling lowly as I spun the syringe around in my hand. "Perhaps he was for a while."

"But now..."

"He's returned to me, and will assist me in ways he nerves could before."

I handed the syringe to the doctor. "How long until the project is complete?" I questioned, drumming my fingers on my leg.

"Hm. This sample is more than enough to speed up the process immensely. I'd give it a few weeks. In a few weeks, you can consume it, completely free of the demon king's control," he responded, taking the syringe filled with blood away, placing it down onto a nearby desk. 

"Perfect," I muttered, a wide smile spreading across my face, body shaking with anticipation.

I'm not going to allow for another individual to rule the world from the shadows. I was meant to be the true  demon lord, destined  to become it since birth. I'll see to it that I achieve it. 

After all...

It's all for my sake. 

<•------------•>

Bakugo's POV:

July 2, 2432; 5:00 A.M.

My vision slowly started to come back to me, blurry and dark, everything around me impossibly difficult to see clearly.

Cough

Cough

Blood splattered onto the ground beside me as I rolled over onto my side, body aching with unfathomable pain, arms twitching.

"What the hell happened...?"  I muttered, voice low and slightly gravely.

I tilted my head upwards, vision now, for the most part, back to normal. My eyes widened at the sight above me. The sky. It was still partially dim, but the sky was visible, very few stars still visible.

Memories began to rush forward into my mind. "How am I... still here? How am I alive?" I thought to myself, painfully pushing myself up onto one knee.

I glanced down at my hands, heart beating rapidly, the violent memory of them being sliced off instantly coming to mind. And yet, there they were. Both of my hands were still there, as if nothing had happened. As if they had never been cut off in the first place.

Slowly, I got back up to my feet, legs trembling, a pool of blood on the ground where I had just been strewn out on the ground.

Despite the clear pool of blood, I didn't have any injuries. Despite being in immense pain, they're wasn't a single wound on my body that could've been causing the pain.

I shook my head from side to side, a sharp pain shooting through my head as I did so. Grunting, I pushed myself up against the wall of the alleyway, using it to help keep me from falling back down.

I coughed a few more times, clutching at my chest as I did so. I wasn't able to fully open my eyes, so I had to keep them half-lidded, taking one slow, cautious step after another.

"Those two brats... they better have escaped safely..." I whispered, stumbling out of the alleyway. "I need to find them. I need to find the old man and old hag. I need to get somewhere safe."

I turned my head to the right, raising an arm up and over my head as the unexpected sunlight washed over me in all its fiery intensity.

But... something was wrong.

I shouted in pain, immediately throwing myself back into the alleyway, body giving in and falling to the ground at the sudden action.

"The fuck...?" I muttered angrily, breath instantly quickening, heart beating faster than what felt humanly possible.

I stared down at my arm, trembling slightly, and letting out a low shaky breath, the smell of burning flesh projecting out from my arm. "What? What just happened?"

My eyes widened, gaze glued onto my own arm as if it were a foreign object. And... in this case, it was. I watched with my own two eyes as my arm flickered with strange blue lines, fading in and out of existence every few seconds.

My mind was so focused on the strange pattern that I nearly didn't notice my arm heal from the burn.

Never in my life had I felt so lost, so confused, so... scared.

I had no idea what this was, what any of this meant. But, I was sure of one thing. 

My entire life would change from that moment onward.

<•------------•>

Author's Note: And that is the end of Cataclysm, the first book of the Demon Slayer Deku series. I honestly can't put into words just how much fun I've had making this. It's become something I always look forward to working on after a long day of school.

With this chapter, the Epilogue of Cataclysm, we pave the way for the story the next book will tell, and I can't wait to share it all with you guys.

For the last time in this book, I want to thank everyone who's followed me, voted on, commented on, and just took the time to read my story. I especially want to thank anyone who's been with me the whole way. 

If anyone has any questions at all, or maybe some suggestions or ideas for things they'd like to see happen in Book 2, let me know, and it will be considered. 

I'll post the first chapter of Book 2 as soon as I finish editing it, so make sure to be on the look out for that, or just follow my profile so that you don't miss the notification.

I'll see you guys then.