Encounter

Hina Agatsuma's POV:

I pinched the bridge of my nose, shaking my head side to side in frustrated contemplation. I can't believe I didn't see it sooner... I should've been able to have seen it sooner that I had.

I had told Izuku to wait in his room for a bit while I talked to the doctor. I didn't want to make him even more worried, but I didn't want him to hear this conversation either.

"Calm down, Agatsuma... he didn't make it easy for you to find out," the doctor assured. I shook my head once again, dismissively. "Still, it's my job as his sensei to have been watching his mental health closely, especially after knowing of his mom's death," I argued, pacing back and forth.

"Maybe. But remember that this is your first time doing this... so still inexperienced in training another. Besides, your a kid too, you're only 14, so don't blame yourself. If anything, I should've been the one to check for the signs, not you," the doctor said.

I let out an exhausted sigh. "I guess you're right, but I'm a Hashira now... I need to be better," I said.

The doctor nodded in understanding. "Yes, you do, but now you will learn from this." "I'll set up a therapy session for him... no child his age should be having these thoughts. He told me a little about his past, but he was definitely hiding a lot. It'll most likely take a while to fully help him with his depression," the doctor said.

I nodded in agreement, taking a deep breath in and out. I calmed myself, pushing any thoughts of punishing those who hurt Izuku to the back of my mind.

I may have only known the Izuku-kun for a couple of months now, but I deeply care about him... he reminds me of...

I shook my head, shutting down my thoughts. "I've moved on..." I muttered.

"What was that?" the doctor asked. I eyed the doctor. "Nothing," I said, brushing off her question.

"I have to go soon anyways," I said, swiftly changing the subject. "There've reports on underground fighting arenas that may include demons in Tokyo," I explained.

"Well go on then. I'll talk to the kid," the doctor said, walking away in the direction of Izuku's room.

————————————————————————

Eraserhead's POV:

It was the dead of night. Crickets chirping, mosquitos buzzing around. A distinct lack of people was slightly eerie. But my job as an underground hero made me indifferent to the feeling.

Besides, not many people were usually out at this time of day, especially in this area of the city. One of the many red-light districts within Japan. Every illegal subject that you could think of undoubtedly takes place in this part of Tokyo.

Drug deals, human trafficking, murder, sexual assault, gang violence, muggings, and most notably, underground fighting arenas.

I adjusted my goggles, frustratedly. I had gotten a call earlier today from Detective Tsukaiuchi. Apparently, some strange occurrences have taken place near or around this underground fighting arenas.

Rumors of strange looking people and cannibals have been flooding the streets of this part of Tokyo and have started to spread into the bigger city.

However, most strangely were the rumors that some of these people began awakening new abilities that had nothing to do with their quirks. This was odd, and improbable, plus it wasn't fully inconceivable.

There have been many stories of people unlocking secondary quirks later in life. There have also been studies on quirk evolution, which proves that quirks can get a massive boost in power and complexity after going through something... traumatic.