Marked

Dragon's POV:

"Well then, that was easier than expected."

I looked around, admiring my good work, building set ablaze, smoke filling the lungs of anyone still in the process of dying. Blood and organs were strewn out along the floor, corpses everywhere. 

"It's a wonder how no one has managed to achieve this until now," I said, brushing dust off of my arms and shoulders, calmly walking forward, not caring to step over the human corpses. "Don't you think?"

I smiled slightly, gaze landing on the only visible living person in this building, once highly secure and protected by powerful heroes, now reduced to shambles.

"You're quite the resilient one, Madam President," I continued, licking blood from my fingertips. 

The blonde head of the HPSC didn't respond, only continuing to desperately crawl away, blood pooling out from her injuries, groaning in pain. She was obviously on the verge of death.

"I set off hundreds of my scales to fly rampant within the building. You should be mince meat right now. Perhaps you were protected or pushed aside just in time. Although, it would seem that it wasn't enough, was it?"

I watched as she bled and bled and bled, continuing to crawl away like a measly worm, reaching into her pocket, seemingly searching for something.

I raised an eyebrow at this. "A phone?" I mused, snapping my fingers.

A single scale shot out to her wrist, severing the hand holding the phone in an instant, blood spraying everywhere like a geyser. 

"How idiotic."

She howled in pain and terror, arms and legs trembling, unable to take her any further.

"Wh-who are y-you...? This shouldn't be possible," she muttered, coughing up blood.

I only smiled. "For a human, it shouldn't be, you are correct. Of course, you shouldn't compare me to the lonesome villains you deal with. You clearly don't know what true power is."

"I've already destroyed Tartarus. The most secure prison on Earth is now flooded with seawater. Now that I've destroyed the HPSC, hero society will fall. It'll be quite entertaining to see the outcome of this chaos."

She only continued to cough up blood, dragging her hands along the blood-coated ground only to clench them into fists.

"You...you want to destroy Japan from the inside out... Why? What is the p-purpose of any of th-this...?" She questioned, face scrunching up into a frown. 

I raised an eyebrow, folding my arms across my chest. "There is no purpose. I enjoy the untamable chaos. I do what I want, when I want. If I want to kill someone, I kill them. If I see a weakling, I crush them like the insect they are. And if I want to destroy an entire nation, then I will do so. There are very few things I value in this world, very few things that bring me more pleasure than causing chaos."

"There's not much else to it, President."

"If I gain the sudden urge to do something, or gain the desire to try something new, then I will."

I shrugged my shoulders. "It's really that simple."

"Tsk. You won't get away with this. No one's invincible. The heroes will sop you. You will p-p-pay for what you've d-done," she proclaimed, life slowly draining from her eyes.

"Trust me, I know full well of the flaws of all creatures. True invincibility is impossible, I know that. However, I can assure you that the heroes won't be able to do shit. The demon slayers won't be able to stop me in time either."