Condemned Are The Wicked

It was a day like any other. 

Birds chirping, singing a cacophonous chorus, paradoxically melodic in their own disorder. 

The sun blaring harshly onto everything within the warm embrace of the rays of sunlight, humans bathing in the welcomed heat. The light breeze helped to cool everything down, sweeping up loose leaves from off branches, carrying them off into the distance.

Children laughing, adults enjoying the outdoors, insects crawling along the ground, vulnerable to the greater beings around them.

And that's the issue. The underlying problem.

My eyes narrowed, dragging my fingers along the rough, coarse dirt beneath me, grasping at rocks strewn out across the ground.

I chuckled to myself, grinning a bit as I stumbled up to my feet. 

Yes. If I'm not mistaken... I was just ten years old at the time.

"You haven't had enough yet?"

My eyes twitched at the frustratingly pompous voice of the bastard barely even a  meter away from me, two other children joining him on either side.

I snorted, forcing myself to rise to full height, smile widening into something far more manic. I shook my head from side to side, arms quivering in pain from having to defend from the strenuous assault from not too long before.

Scrapes and bruises coated both my exposed arms and legs.

I grasped tighter around the rocks gathered in both of my hands, meeting the gaze of the leader of this small group of brats. 

"Quit smiling, freak!"

He ran at me, hand raised, balled into a fist as he moved through the light breeze, compressed air gathering around his fist.

I stood tall, no one giving enough of a damn to intervene. 

And why would they? I was at the bottom of the pecking order. At the time, I was meant to be beaten black and blue. That was my purpose. However...

Crack

Squelch

Fight back

I fought back.

Intense screams and sobs rang out through the once calm and jovial atmosphere. I stared down apathetically at the crying child before me, hand forcefully bent to the right, blood pooling from a large gash that stretched along his arm and down to his wrist.

The other two were frozen. Frozen still. One of the rocks in my hands dripped with blood that wasn't mine, slowly splattering onto the ground.

My gaze flickered to the adults running towards us, finally seeming bothered by what was happening.

I only continued to stare down at the crying child. 

My thoughts only grew louder and louder until the conflict and cacophony of noises around me became nothing more than muffled annoyances.

I was once weak. But it was on this day that what was once considered a fact now became a hopeful myth.

Yes... It was on this day when I realized one of humanity's greatest weaknesses.

Once the strong are shown their weakness... once their false sense of strength is realized, they fall, fall into the abyss of pain, suffering, and failure.

Yes. I would force humanity to understand this. I would make everyone vulnerable to their weaknesses. I would exploit their weakness for my own sick pleasure.