Lowermoon

Author's Note: This chapter will take place on the same day as last chapter.

Izuku's POV:

Mom had finally finished talking to the principal over the phone . All of that yelling honestly scared me... I've never seen or heard her that angry before. There were multiple times I began questioning if that was really my mom talking. I wasn't able to make out everything she said, but I did hear her say that she wanted to have a meeting with the principal tomorrow.

Obviously, I said that I hadn't heard anything when she asked, but it was honestly nerve racking seeing the fury on her face. All this did was reinforce my desire to become stronger. I have to become stronger, stronger than Kachaan, so that mom won't have to worry about me anymore, so she won't have to stress over my worthlessness.

I picked up one of my many Allmight action figures, not to play with it, but to admire the Symbol of Peace that was Allmight. "I'll become just like you Allmight... strong," I murmurred. I stood up, placing my Allmight action figure on my bedside shelf.

I glared out my window, staring at the thousands upon thousands of stars sparkling in the night sky, as if I was searching for a solution in the endless abyss, waiting for some higher power to grant me strength like in the movies.

But all that I heard was the chirping of crickets and the running engines of cars. Deep down I knew that Kachaan was right. No matter how optimistic I tried to be, I knew I could never be like him.... strong, tough, and brave. I'd always be the same old useless Izuku I always have been. All because I was born different from everyone else. All because I lacked the one thing that made them special. All because I was quirkless.

I was snapped out of my thought by a call from mom. "Izuku! Dinner's ready!" she called out. "Coming!" I responded. "I wonder what's for dinner..." I muttered, stomach growling as I hadn't eaten lunch earlier. Mainly because Kachaan stole my food and ate it in front of me. Yet another example of me not being strong enough to fight back.

I made my way over to the dinner table. I couldn't help but think about what my life would've been like if I awakened a quirk. Mom would be less stressed over me. Kachaan and I would still be friends. I'd be treated better at school. And everyone would believe that I could become a hero.

*Ding Dong* *Ding Dong*

"Can you get that for me, Izuku? It's probably my package." "Okay," I responded, rushing over to the door. I reached up for the doorknob. However, an eerie feeling fell over me, stopping my hand from moving any closer to the doorknob. A shiver of fear went up my spine as my heart began thumping faster for no noticeable reason.

My eyes flickered from side to side glaring at the edges and cracks of the front door. "M-mom?" I nervously called out. I didn't get a reply. My eyes were glued onto the door. A dark, misty gas spilled through the cracks in the door, slowly encroaching onto me. My eyes widened to such a degree it felt like they would fall from my sockets.

Fearful, I stumbled back in terror. "M-mom?!" I yelled out for the second time, slightly turning my head in the direction of the kitchen where mom should be. But I was met with her absence, all that was there was a giant blood stain on the kitchen wall. "Wh-What is happening?" I frantically thought, searching for logical answers in my head, only to hear a menacing and groggy voice. "Mommy's gone kid..."

I could feel my body begin to involuntarily tremble, falling into a cold sweat. "Wh-wh-wh-wh-who's th-there?" I struggled to get my words out. The door in front of me began to break apart.... cracking and shattering, disintegrating into millions of tiny pieces.

I screamed in terror at the figure that entered the house, at the creature in front of me. He was tall, lanky, and horrific man who stared at me with the eyes of a fanatic. He smiled at me, flashing his several roses of razor sharp teeth. The figure had pure black hair and his body was disfigures, limbs bending in the wrong directions, twisting and contorting awkwardly.

Claws extended from his fingernails, sharpened to an extreme point. But the most terrifying thing about him were his imposing eyes. Ruby red eyes stared daggers into my soul, an intimidating aura oozing out of them. Red fades into coal black pupils with what seemed to be kanji etched into the irises. I couldn't read what the kanji's said, but that was the least of my worries.

My body trembled uncontrollably. I wanted to run, I wanted to scream and cry... but I couldn't... I couldn't move... I was frozen in fear, unable to protect myself in anyway from whoever of whatever this person was. The man walked closer towards me, reaching his disgustingly grotesque hand at me. "Don't worry kid, I'll make this quick..." the man menacingly whispered.

He raises his arm and swung, claws outstretched ready to slice. "Mom!!" I desperately cried out one last time to no avail. I stared up at the descending slash that I just knew would kill me in one strike. "P-please... someone..." I begged.

"Light Breathing: First Form: Enlightenment!"

I flinched at the sudden new voice who sounded very familiar. I felt my body be thrown to the side by a strong gust of wind likely created by the new arrival. I winced in pain, a sharp stinging pain on my face. I felt lots of blood pool down my face.

I looked up at my savior who had a... katana?!
My eyes widened in realization. "Y-you're the one who saved m-me e-earlier..." I stated in awe. "Run kid! I'll hold this guy back!" she instructed me. But I couldn't run... I had to find mom... I had to! I quickly ran over to the kitchen where I'd last seen her, where I saw that massive blood stain on the wall.

My body grew stiff, eyes locked onto something on the ground. "Wh-What?" I stared in fear and disbelief. "Mom?" I worriedly asked.

Demon Slayer's POV:

I stared into the eyes of the demon in front of me, katana raised in preparation for an inevitable battle. Sweat poured down my face, arms slightly shaking from fear. "I didn't think a lower moon would be responsible for this," I stated aloud in an attempt to hide my ever-growing fear. "Am I strong enough to fight Lower 3? I'm just a lowly Kanoe..." I thought.

"Ah... a demon slayer! I appreciate you showing up, you'll make a far better meal than that brat!" Lower 3 announced. A smile spread across my face as I eyed the demon. "You won't be devouring anyone every again, devil! I, Hina Agatsuma, will behead you!" I shot back. I still felt fear, but it was quickly overcome with my determination, my desire to win.

Author's Note: That was the "Lowermoon" chapter! It was originally going to showcase the fight between the now named Hina Agatsuma and Lower 3, but I decided to save that for next chapter.

We now know that she is a Kanoe ranked demon slayer and is a wielded or Light Breathing. She is a Oc and if the last name sounds familiar to you, then you should have an idea who she is related to. I personally like the Blood Demon Art that this Lower 3 will have. Let's just say he can mess with your mind a bit.

Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter! I have big plans for this story and the overall story definitely won't be finished in this book. I'm planning this story to span the length of 2 or 3 books, but I haven't fully decided yet. But, don't forget to vote on the story and please comment any questions you may have.