Demon King

Dragon's POV:

I practically threw myself through a glass window, landing in a building inhabited by a couple of humans. I dashed towards them at full speed, silencing them permanently before they had a chance to scream. "Damnit..." I grunted.

"Should've payed more attention to the time. I was toying with those brats for a little too long. Any longer out there and the sun would've killed me."

I took a few deep breaths to calm my nerves. The police have almost definitely been called... the Hokkaido underground will be discovered by authorities and they'll likely be able to trace me to it.

"This mission drew the demon slayers' attention onto me. Damnit... why did master have to give me this job?" I thought to myself.

"Questioning my decisions is not ideal," a voice spoke.

My body froze, my eyes went wide. I would've stood up straight, but instead I shot down to my knees, head bowed down, heart racing. I gulped in nervousness, not daring to look the true demon in the eyes. I wouldn't dare to.

"M-m-master..." was all that I could say in the presence of the demon king.

"Raise your head," he ordered, to which I obliged almost immediately.

"I saw what happened... you nearly allowed the sun to kill you," he said.

"I'm disappointed, but I can't say I am surprised."

"You do prefer extending the suffering of your opponents. Of course you wouldn't just kill them immediately," master ranted, shaking his head disapprovingly. A spike of fear shot out through my body as I began to tremble more than I already was.

"Didn't I tell you to get rid of that habit? It makes your effectiveness in missions abysmal. I wouldn't want to replace you with someone more suitable, but if I have to, I will," he threatened, causing me to shake with fear more and more and more.

"N-n-n-n-n-n-no s-s-sir... that is n-n-not n-n-necessary..." I cautiously responded.

"Those two demon slayers you fought against... they may pose a problem. I doubt that they'll die. They both seemed to have far too much resolve," he said, ignoring my stuttering response.

"If I-I'm not mi-mistaken m-m-aster.... they m-may be ch-children... they sounded quite y-young, especially E-e-emerald," I informed him, careful with my words as well as slightly fearful as I realized that I had just spoken out of line.

"I see... hmm... I wouldn't want them to die at their age... if you ever encounter them, make sure to cripple but not kill," he ordered. "Injure them just enough that they can't continue their work as demon slayers."

I frowned slightly at his words. This was the one thing I could not respect about the demon king.

"Why does master have such a high leniency towards children? I could easily dispose of the issue. Children are just useless wastes of space. It would be far easier for me to just kill them anyways," I thought to myself.

"And why is it that you believe that?"

I flinched in fear. Pain shot out through my body as my flesh and bones began to irregularly contort into horrible different angles. Bones popped out of my skin, muscle fibers writhing like tentacles, unable to gain control and stability of themselves.

Blood forced its way out of my mouth. Perpetually, I coughed up and threw up blood, nerves popping and bulging as the pain only intensifies with each passing second. Demons can't usually feel pain as great as this. The demon king is the only creature alive that can inflict such a feeling onto us.