Interrogation

Giran's POV:

I stared in shock and bewilderment at the sole tv in the room, depicting a perpetually burning Might Tower in the background, lighting up the sky brighter than the moonlight, or any of the stars present.

"The kid... actually got himself caught?" I muttered aloud, cigar dislodging from its steady place in-between my teeth as my jaw went slack.

My usual perpetual grin faded in a flash, instead replaced with a disbelieving expression, eyes glued onto the tv screen.

"But how...? I thought he was..." The purple haired kid spoke up, but I interrupted his words before he could get them all out.

"Stronger than that, right? That's what you were going to say?" I questioned, eyes snapping over to Shinso, who gave a careful nod of confirmation.

"So did I. Emerald didn't go down without a fight, though, that's for sure. He'd rather die than let Endeavor catch him... So, how did he still get caught?" I voiced my thoughts, pinching the bridge of my nose, a deep sigh escaping my mouth.

"And with that, I just lost my current best and most interesting client," I thought to myself, getting up to my feet, leaving the tv running for the boy to keep watching if he so wanted.

"But, wasn't he supposed to help me? What do I do now?" Shinso asked, concerned.

"Don't worry. If there is one thing I learned from the kid is that he never breaks his promises. He promised to help you, and he would. He won't be gone for long, no matter how bad the situation may be for him," I explained, crushing the fallen cigar in between my fingers.

"In the meantime, you'll remain here. He was supposed to train you so that you could protect yourself in a fight, but it seems that I'll have to do it. Just be aware that I'm not that great of a fighter, so you will only learn the bare minimum from me."

<•——————•>

Stendhal's POV:

I watched with disgust and disdain as the grown man ran away, crying like a child, blood pooling out from his limbs, a few knives embedded into his flesh.

My eyes narrowed as I simply walked towards fleeing man.

He wasn't very fast, likely due to his current lower body injuries. Torn muscles and overwhelmed ligaments acted against my target, preventing him from getting very far before he inevitably fell to the ground.

"No, no! Please!"

I scoffed, shaking my head in disdain. I hadn't even gotten close to the man, and he's already begging for his life. Pathetic.

Emerald was right. Everything he said in that little video of his was absolutely correct. I knew it all before, but now, my beliefs were hardened to an even greater extent.

The groveling man attempting to crawl away, using the last bit up strength in his arms to pull himself further and further away from me, the sick scent of fear filling the air.

"So this is who you really are?" I said, less of a question and more of a statement.

"Pl-please, don't do this..." The man begged once more.

In response, I stabbed him in the shoulder, a small geyser of blood spewing out, separating in multiple directions as my blade parted the blood splatters.