Puppeteer

Shinso's POV:

Crack

My head banged against the brick wall, a sickening crack and crunch resounding from the injury.

"Shit..."

I could feel something drip down the back of my neck, shoving past the forest of purple that was my hair. Blood.

My head oozed large amounts of blood, staining my purple hair, spreading down to my uniform in the process. That cracking noise didn't sound so great.

I may be internally bleeding as well. My head feels lighter too... despite the newfound pain that decided to arrive at full swing.

"You stupid brat!"

"Idiot!"

"What were you thinking?!"

Punches and kicks were thrown in between each and every insult.

I was swiftly gagged with a piece of cloth. I wasn't allowed to speak. Not only did speaking mean disobedience, but it was villainous.

My words are inherently villainous. It's true by nature. By my nature. That's what I've grown up to believe and accept.

Speaking led to the likelihood of a villainous act being performed. At least, that's what it meant here, and it was only applied to me.

My quirk. It makes people scared. It makes people disgusted. It makes people hateful.

I'm not a human being like the rest of them, because a human being can't possibly be born with such a horrible, evil, vile, villainous quirk like mine.

I wanted to scream and shout. I fought back the tears. I wasn't allowed to cry. Not in front of these people.

I was inhuman. I can't cry. I don't have the right to experience such humane behaviors.
I clenched my fists tight, as I laid on the ground, accepting my undeserving punishment.

But it was deserving. That's the whole point of this.

I was just to villainous to realize that.

I had broken the law. I had. That made me a criminal. A villain. I couldn't deny this. Everyone who called me a villain were not too far off.

They were right. These people are right. I used my quirk illegally in apprehension of a villain, which could've easily backfired.

It doesn't matter that it didn't backfire, what matters is that I still did it. Even though I never once interfered with a pro's hero work during it, I am still being punished.

This was now on my permanent record and the foster home had to take full responsibility for my actions. They had every right to be angry. They had every right to hate me. They had every right to kill me.

I spat up blood as a boy kicked me in the stomach at full strength. How could I tell it was full strength?

The way he kicked back his leg, the way he motioned his body to fall into the strike, the way his muscles clenched before impact. He struck me with full force, and I accepted it.

I couldn't not accept it. There was nothing I could do. Even if I could use my quirk right now and even if they were to fall for it, I could only brainwash one person at a time.

I brainwash one, all the others punish me for it.

I thought back to Eraserhead. Meeting him was a joy and a honor. I couldn't have asked for a better person to meet at that moment.