Intrusive Thoughts

Izuku's POV:

Today was finally the day! The day that I was finally going to be taught the art of swordsmanship.

Up until now, I have honed my body to an incredible degree, in terms of strength, speed,  durability, stamina, even learning how to breath in such a way that enhanced my physical abilities even more. This was likely how demon slayers used breathing techniques. Now I have the chance to put everything that I've learned so far into sword training.

It hasn't even been that long since... mom died... Only a couple of months... but it still hurt thinking about what happened on that day...

If it wasn't for Agatsuma-Sensei, I wouldn't be here right now, and for that I will be truthfully forever grateful towards her.

I thought back to how my life was before I learned of the world of demons and demon slayers. I thought back to where things were simpler, and yet... those days were also just so cruel.

When the quirk doctor diagnosed me as quirkless and told me that I could never become a hero, I was crushed. I had tried so many things, looked at so many ways that someone like me could still become a hero.

I looked into how heroes without useful combative quirks fought and took down villains, believing I could be just like them if only I trained hard enough.

I desperately looked into different kinds of hero work. I looked into being a support hero, which I felt as though would've been the most realistic scenario for me to take, due to my analysis on heroes. I didn't think my analysis were all that great, but if I kept enhancing those skills I likely could've entered the support hero path.

I considered into underground hero work, learning of many different u deerhound heroes, such as Eraserhead. I scoped the internet, finding everything I could on him, even learning that he essentially fought quirkless.

This had given me immense hope, but just like everything else, it meant nothing. Sure, Eraserhead fought quirkless, but his quirk allowed him to erase a person's quirk by looking at them, practically bringing his enemies down to his level.

I didn't have anything like that to even the playing field.

I even entertained the idea of becoming a detective. Mom always said that I was very observant, and my analysis would likely help the police force, but it just didn't feel right to me.

All of these options were plausible for someone like me... but there was one thing preventing any of this from being even remotely possible. The fact that I was quirkless.

The quirkless aren't treated well. They are treated like trash, less than human. It's not just in Japan either. After researching for hours I found that everywhere in the world have large amounts of people who despise the quirkless, which made my life a living hell, both in school and in public.

Sometimes mom and I would get turned down from entering certain stores and restaurants as the employees didn't want a quirkless child infecting them with my "disease".

I shook my head at the thought, making my way into the training area I was instructed to go to.

I wasn't the only one treated horrible though. My mom also didn't have a good time, especially at work. Quirkless people aren't the only people discriminated against, people with so-called "weak quirks" were treated badly as well, not nearly as bad as the quirkless, but still.

Mom would always get made fun of because of her weak telekinesis quirks, only capable of picking up something that weighed a few pounds at the most.

Sometimes, when she came back from work, she'd look exhausted and would have a sad expression on her face. Of course she would always tell me that it was okay, but I knew the truth. A lot of people said I was too smart for my age, which I guess was true, so I was able to put two and two together that mom was likely being made fun of for something.