Recovery

Izuku's POV:

The quiet but abundant murmuring of what sounded to be people woke me up from the dead of sleep. I began to wriggle and turn and stretch in as my limbs began gradually turning back on.

"I think he's awake!" a voice spoke up. The voice sounded like a girl probably around my age.

I let out a light grunt in discomfort, withholding from opening my eyes as I felt a sharp pain emanating from my head. I lifted my right hand up, propping it up against my forehead. Finally, I opened my eyes despite the massive amount of pain that shot throughout my face when I did so. My vision was slightly blurry, not being able to make out everything I looked at.

"Am I in a hospital?" I thought. However, as soon as that thought crossed my mind, I immediately dismissed it. The decor, the color, the environment, everything about the room I was in told me that this wasn't a hospital... it didn't even look like a normal Japanese-style home. The room didn't have a distinct smell, only smelling of new carpet and something else that I couldn't figure out. A light humming of butterflies and bees filled my ears, the loud chirping of birds overpowering the humming.

I didn't know what time it was, but based on the bright light shining in the room and the chirping of the birds, it was probably morning to noon.

"What was that voice I heard? Where's mo-"

"Right..." I muttered aloud. I wanted to cry again after remembering what happened to mom. My mind raced and I began to blame myself once again. "If only I wasn't so weak..." I started. I could feel tiny droplets or tears well up in my eyes. I wanted to ball my eyes out... but I didn't. Mom told me to stay strong... she wanted me to stay strong... I sucked the unwanted tears back into my eyes, preventing myself from crying. I looked around the room some more, vision still blurry, not seeing a single soul. "Who was that voice?" I pondered. Maybe they ran off?

"W-wait... what if that villain kidnapped me?! The one who killed mom... wh-what's going to happen to me? How did I even get here...? ... Where ever here is."

"Ah. Good, you're awake," a female voice spoke. I flinched, startled as I whipped my head around to the direction of a voice. A woman, possibly a doctor, was standing in what looked to be a doorway, but with my blurred vision, I couldn't be 100% sure.

She began to walk towards me. "S-s-stay b-back!" I ordered, shimmying my body back away from her, however, the sudden sporadic movements sent a wave of pain over my entire body.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you," the doctor assured. "Don't make any drastic movements, your body is still recovering from the poison."

"P-poison...?" I questioned shakily, a tone of terror pacing my voice. "Yes, you were scratched on the face by the demon, which injected some demon poison into your body. I injected you with an antidote, but your body is still recovering from the damage it caused. You should make a full recovery in a few more days," the doctor explained.

I still kept my guard up, I didn't fully trust her yet... wait... did she say 'demon'? "D-Demon?" Was all I could muster up. The nurse nodded in response, but didn't explain any further. She reached a hand out towards me, causing me to wince. "Here, drink up," she said. It was only then that I noticed the glass of cold water in her hands.

Reluctantly, I reached out and took the glass out of her hands. "Do you mean a demon quirk?" I questioned quietly before taking a small cautious sip of the water. " No, demons are a separate species from humans," she responded, placing down what looked to be medicine down on a table beside the bed.