Sickening Trauma

Author's Note: TW: Violence and gruesome imagery, including blood, dismemberment, exposed organs, psychological trauma, dark thoughts, authoritarian neglect, and abuse. If you are in any way sensitive to these topics or in any way triggered or angered by them, then I recommend skipping the "Final Selection Exam" part of this chapter. Another warning will be placed later on in this chapter indicating that the scenes with these topics in them will come up soon.

Izuku's POV:

"Light Breathing: First Form: Enlightenment!"

I leapt forward at sensei, performing several consecutive, swift slashes, to which Agatsuma-Sensei blocked each and every one, finishing her blockade with a jab to my stomach, sending me flying back several meters.

I coughed up a few drops of blood, only to get right back up and dash forward again.

I delivered a quick slash at her legs, forcing her to jump up a little to avoid the attack, however, I didn't let up, aiming yet another slash at her stomach, which she blocked with her own katana.

I leapt back a couple of meters, avoiding a kick from sensei.

"Nine minutes," she informed me, smile emerging onto her face.

"You'll have to try harder than that."

"Light Breathing: Thirteenth Form: Gleaming Sunburst!"

I dashed over as fast as I could, straining my legs due to the amount of physical power I had to put into them.

I slashed to the right. To the left. From above. From below. Even attempting to thrust my katana forward and jab her with the butt of my katana.

Nothing worked. Everything was either dodged or blocked with no effort. Frustration began to overtake me, clouding my better judgement as I attacked, which left me wide open of a knee to the stomach.

Blood spewed from my mouth, vigorously coughing. I could hear murmurs come from the people watching... wondering why in the world I'm even attempting this.

My eyes flicked over to the doctor who was leaning on a wooden support beam of the Butterfly Mansion, shooting me a look that was practically ordering me to give up.

I slowly got back up to my feet. I breathed in and out.... in and out... eyes closing for a few seconds.

I shot my eyes wide open. I concentrated hard on sensei's body and movements, activating my slow-mo vision as I dashed at her, relentlessly swinging my katana.

She continued to block all of my attacks, but my slow-mo vision now allowed me to much easier dodge her attacks or find ways around her blockade. But it still wasn't enough.

Even when I continued to get past her parries, she would bring her katana back and position it to block any attack I threw at her.

Maybe this really was hopeless. My slow-mo vision was highly helpful, but sensei was far too fast. So fast to the point where even my slow-mo vision didn't give me enough time to react to some of her counters.

I went in for yet another swing, aimed straight for her right arm.

Clang

Wind swept through my messy green hair, as my katana went flying out of my grip off to the side of the training grounds.

My eyes widened, shock filling my body as I was lightly kicked over in the direction my katana was knocked to. I skidded multiple times on the ground before coming to a halt, katana piercing the ground right next to me.

"Eight Minutes."

"Izuku, please... I don't like attacking you like this. Just surrender and we ca-"

In the blink of an eye I appeared in front of sensei, readying my katana at her cheek. You could practically see the shock and surprise in her face.