Chapter 4

I was late to school almost everyday as I stood outside Derricks high school waiting to see if he came to school but he never showed up. I missed my brother and he just left us...he left without a trace.

I opened my locker and grabbed my books. I wanted to skip another grade so bad but I know my parents would never sign off on it. I was really really really smart.

Damn nigga you wearing the same fit again!? My boy Alex trolled laughing slapping me up as he came over to me.

What the fuck is it to you Nigga cause you got the same fit on too?

Shit at least I washed my shit!

Okay? My shit smell like fa breeze! I laughed.

It sure do! He joked. "How you been doe you Ight? Teachers keep asking bout you an shit!"

Man I know...I'm cool doe.... You got that for me?

Yeah what you need this for? He gave me the small clear plastic baggie.

Nun thanks.

You owe me! I had to swipe this from a nigga on the street they'll kill me if they knew it was me. I heard it ain't no good doe. It's straight Fet!

Exactly what I need! I owe you. I slapped him up just as the bell rang. We went our separate ways and I made it to my class.

Umm Mr. Carter....can I talk to you for a minute? My teacher asked me stopping me as I was coming into the room.

For? I questioned stepping to the side.

Class get your books out and turn to chapter 5. She led me to the hallway and closed the class door behind her.

What? I asked confused.

You haven't been to school? Is there anything going on at home we should know about...you have new bruises.

Naw I'm good. Me and my brother got into another fight....

You two get into a lot of fights he's bigger than you, you should be telling someone! Where are your parents during these fights?

Look it ain't nun ya damn business where my damn parents are you here to teach me not be on my fuckin business.

Look I'm just trying to help. Your too smart to be missing school I don't want you to get held back because of this....and as a teacher I have to report this to child protection services your missing to many days and have to many bruises we are here to help.

You wanna fuckin help me?

Yeah I do!

Than stay out my fuckin business! I pushed past her and walked off. Teachers always think they fuckin know everything shit ain't gone do shit but make shit worse for me at home.

I left out the school and went straight home. I was so filled with anger and rage I couldn't stop thinking about what I had planned. When i got home a huge red paper was on the door that said "EVICTION" Nobody was home and I took it upon myself to do exactly what I wanted. I opened my dads box where he kept his drugs and mixed the crack, the heroin, and the entire bag of fentanyl in it.

My mom came home and she was in a happy mood. She had brand new clothes on and a brand new wig she must of had some money.

Hey baby you home early? She sang cheerfully.

I wasn't feeling good teachers was asking to many questions about my bruises.

What you say? She asked as she took the groceries from the bag.

Nun I left.

Okay good you want a sandwich? You hungry? I got fresh bread.

Nah I'm Ight.

Okay! Well it's juice here to get you a cup. She smiled hard. Something was off about her.

Babyyyyy! My dad laughed as he came into the house. He was in a good mood two dressed in new clothes with a fresh cut. Fuckin weirdos!

Hey baby! She smiled. He pulled out a wad of cash and told her to put it in her purse and she did.

Hey son! He smiled. He sat on the couch and opened his drug box. He heated up his spoon and got ready to shoot up. I stood there watching as he shot up. He tried to sit up but he fell back into his seat as he started seizing and foaming at the mouth. Two police officers walked to the front door along with a lady dressed in a suit and with Leah next to her. They started banging on the door and my mother started freaking out. My dad was dying and she didn't know what to do before she Shot up. I opened the door for them and I knew this wasn't nothing good as my mother screamed and cried.

Hi Mrs. Carter I'm Ms. Jones I'm with CPS and we have reports about abuse towards your three children we are here to remove them from your home. The lady spoke. I looked at Leah and she had the im sorry face. My mother was shaking my dad to wake up as police tried to assist and do CPR. The lady got on the phone with the police department.

I'm sorry James I had to tell! Leah cried.

I love you Leah! It's gonna be okay. I asurrued her.

Get the kids out of here! The officer yelled.

Come on babies! The lady said grabbing me and my sister hand. "We have nice families waiting for the both of you."

Fuck no I'm not going with you! I yelled trying to get out of her grip. Leah was crying and I was fighting. I hit her she let me go. I fell back into the wall. I ran out the house and down the street as fast as possible! I wasn't going to no fuckin foster care!