Chapter 14

BRIONNA P.O.V.

What the fuck you mean Quan in jail? I asked pissed off rushing into the house.

He ran a red light and we got pulled, cops was being assholes cause the car smelt like weed. We didn't have nun on us and I hid his gun In the baby car seat.

I do not need this shit right now! I counted out 25 bands and grabbed my purse. "I'll be back." I got in my car and made my way downtown.

Look I need a lawyer and word around town you the best out here! You even get niggas off murder charges. I want you on my payroll! I said seriously as I walked into the office of Mr. Derrick Banks. He was one of the best lawyers around here.

I'm sorry Mr. Banks she just walked right in here.
The assistant from the front desk said scared walking behind me. He stood up in confusion.

I'm sorry Miss...

Smith! Brionna Smith!!!

He looked up like he just solved a case. "Vanessa leave and close my door!" He said to the assistant. She nodded her head and closed the door.

Look my brother got booked and I need him out like yesterday type shit! (I poured all the money out on his desk.) "I know this over the amount but like I said you the best and I need you on my payroll!"

Write his name and date of birth right here and your number where I can reach you at. Be outside the holding center in about 3 hours.

Will do! I wrote on the note pad and slid it towards him. "Thank you!" I grabbed my purse and walked out the office. "Next time don't get in my way bitch!" I said to the assistant just before the elevator doors closed.

Bri? A male voice called out to me. I looked up and Quan was walking down the street.

What's up?

Yo we gotta talk! He said pulling me aside.

Bout what? I gave y'all instructions.

Not bout that!

Then bout what? You got my money?

Yeah he gave me the green light ima have to shit ready tomorrow. Look he facing a RICO! I don't know all who named in this shit but it ain't looking good. That nigga Woo had a wire.

A wire?! Fuck!

Yeah, nigga told the feds Shooter shot him and it started over you. They got yo name! Bro said lay low for a while and continue to run shit how you doing it. You switched everything up right?

Yeah after this shipment tell everyone to sit tight til I work somethin out. If he facing a RICO that means they know little to nothing but something.

Facts. Bro said come see him but use somebody else name.

Okay, don't worry, I'll have all this going away! He'll be home soon.

I trust you!

You should! Tell Cali hold off on that trip to Miami until she gets the green light.

Ight coo!

I nodded my head and walked away. I headed over to the jail. I signed in on the visitation log under Kyra name and took a seat. I was pissed right now. That nigga Woo was a bitch!

Brionna Smith! A CO called out. I got up and followed him to the back. He took me to a private room and I sat down. I hated jails. Last time I sat in one I vowed to myself that I'd never do anything stupid enough to land myself back in one.

Shooter walked in and he looked like he was emotionally detached. He sat down across from me and I sat up. "Quan said you wanted to see me."

How's everything?

Everything is everything!

Whatever you need help with you can trust Quan.

I don't need help with shit! I got this. What your lawyer saying?

Life! Waiting to hear back about a deal if they gone cut one.

Your not getting life or a deal. You'll be out. I got up and leaned in close to him as my lips touched his ear. "I have a plan, you'll be out soon. Everything is moving slow on the streets. After this shipment shit will be pulled back get in touch with your bitch ass wife and tell her what I say goes in order for this RICO to disappear. Do you understand me?"

I do!

Good! And your sales are up 12%, congratulations I just made you an extra $120,000 on top. I grabbed my purse to walk away.

Bri? He called out as I reached for the handle. I didn't say anything or turn around. "Thank you!" I opened the door and walked out.

I left the jail and pulled my car in front of it standing outside leaning on my car.

Miss Smith! Mr. Banks smiled as he walked out the jail with my brother behind him.

Mr. Banks! I smiled shaking his hand. "I need another favor."

Your paid up front what do you need?

It's a bit much and a stretch. I pulled him to the side and away from Quan. "A friend of mine is facing a RICO charge."

Your talking about James Carter!

Yeah...

I'm his lawyer, I'm glad you came to me first.

You can get him off right?

I can, they don't have a lot of evidence right now. Just a recording for the murder of Woo but that's all I know for sure they have. But to put a RICO on him it's something else.

I need a list of everybody important in this on the feds that's working on this case can you get me that!

I can...

When you do it'll be 100k waiting on you. I walked off and motioned for Quan to get in the car.

How you get Mr. Banks?

Money talks, bullshit walks!

Thanks sis! And ya boy....he alright I know you know he in jail he good.

Quan I don't give a fuck about Shooter! I pulled off and sped away.