Chapter 42

BRIONNA P.O.V.

I was so exhausted today and so hungry. I couldn't wait for my lunch break. All I could do is think about food. I was going straight to chick fil a and to Arby's. I grabbed my next patient chart and went into the room. I was taken back by the girl who sat before me.

Hi I'm your DNP Brionna you must be DaNay?

Yes! She sobbed.

I see you have a few bruises wanna tell me what happened and what brings you in here?

Me and my boyfriend got into a really big fight. Well he's not my boyfriend but he is....you see he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes but we haven't had sex yet. He was just drinking and got really physical with me and then he umm...he forced his self on me. She said with tears in her eyes.

Oh honey I'm so sorry to hear that! I grabbed some tissues and handed them to her. "When in domestic cases like this we are prone to calling the police. It looks like you have a few small facial contusions. We have to perform a rape kit as well because the police will want that!"

Okay...I grabbed a pair of gloves to examine her face. It was so badly bruised I felt so sorry for this girl. Her cheek bone was definitely broken and would have to have surgery. Her jaw was also fractured. He hit her hard as hell.

I'm gonna go grab a rape kit you sit tight. Okay?!
She nodded her head and I took my gloves off to leave the room. "Hi baby! I'll be ready to go in just a minute i gotta finish up with this patient." I smiled kissing my husband as he walked towards me. He pulled back for a second like he didn't wanna kiss me. "Umm what's wrong?"

I gotta talk to you about something!

Okay let me just finish up...
I grabbed the stuff that I needed to go back in my patient room.

Brionna!

James let me finish my work and I'll give you all my time okay? I opened the door and my patient got scared. "Just go to my offfice!" I said to him as I closed the door.

Please don't let him in here! She said nervously.

Who? My husband? I questioned confused.

Him at the door! My boyfriend that was the guy I was just telling you about.

Wait come again! Him? That man? He raped you?

Yes his name is James! She started crying.

That's my husband! Are you sure?

No disrespect but he never said he had a wife we've been dating a while. He just beat my ass and raped me.

I grabbed a pair of gloves and put them on. "Um okay, let me do this rape kit and I had my nurse call the police so they should be here shortly to take your statement! And arrest him!"

Please don't be mad at me please!

I'm not honey just lay back and spread your legs. I opened the box up and sat it up getting it ready as she did so. "I also have a contraceptive pill for you to take as well.!"

No disrespect but I'm not taking on of those. I don't believe in putting that type of stuff in my body if it was ment for me to have a child then I will.

I took her cultures making sure I got the seaman sample out of her vagina. My blood was boiling right now and it was so hard to maintain a professional state. "Okay you are all done you can sit up. I am gonna check the status of the police!"

He never said he had a wife! He told me he loved me! He's even been at my house every night! She cried as I turned my back on her. I opened the door and walked out. I felt like I was about to explode.