Chapter 19

BRIONNA P.O.V.

The state of New York vs Brionna Smith! The bailiff called out. I got up and came to stand next to Banks. "We are going to motion to get this dismissed!"
He whispered to me as I came and stood next to him. I nodded my head in agreement.

GoodMorning Ms. Smith how are you? The judge said looking at his papers.

I'm good your honor, how are you?

Great so do you understand the charges that your facing?

Yes sir I do....

DA how would you like to proceed?

Umm your honor we ask that we get a little more time on this case. We have evidence that Ms. Smith could of been liable to know about everything that was going on in her clinic.

Sorry to interrupt your honor! (Banks said butting in) I have no correlation on "new evidence".

Well we are still looking into it!

Counselor do you have evidence towards Ms. Smith or not?

As of this second no sir...

Your honor I'd like to motion to dismiss all charges from my client. She simply employed people she thought she could trust and it back fired. I don't think it's right for her to be held accountable for anything especially when she did not know about any of it. As you know the submitted documents to the court under the deceased Christina, who sent proof that it was her and Dr. Robinson behind all of it before she sadly took her life.

Yeah I see those. Counselor have you talked to Dr. Robinson yet?

No we have not sir...

Well what are you waiting for Christmas?

No sir, we haven't had the time yet with being In court. We are scheduled to meet with her next week.

Next week? This case has been going on to long!

Your honor my client is ready to get back to work and try to make some peace of her life again. I'd like to motion for dismissal of her case and the rights back to her clinic and reopen with no repercussions and also this to be wiped from her record.

According to the testimony of the deceased and how she felt the need to take her own life from the guilt. I'm going to grant the defendant Brionna Smith clearance from all charges and the litigation of opening the clinic again with no repercussions and dismissal of this case under act 1 code 762. Ms. Smith do you understand?

Yes sir!

Okay this case is closed, councilor I will see you back next week for Dr Robinson case and please have talked to her by then.

Yes your honor.

Sign here! The sherif said coming over to me and giving me a paper for me and Banks to sign.

All set! Banks said with a smile. I followed him out the courtroom and into the hallway. I was happy as fuck!

Yesss I'm so fuckin happy! Kyra said following behind us.

Yeah you real legit. Quan said walking towards us.

Yeah let me take you out for a drink! You valid! Quan my brother said as he shook Banks hand.

Thank you, I have more work to do but I'll take that drink another time. He laughed. "Now you got work to do!" He shook my hand but he had a look in his eyes that made me think something was off.

Hey y'all can y'all get the car! I said with a smile to dismiss everyone. I waited for them to walk away and Banks took a deep breath, something was bothering him. "What is it?" He reached in his brief case and pulled an envelope out. "This came to my home address, addressed to you!" He said with unease.

What is this? I asked looking at the white envelope with my name on it.

I don't know.... The case against the officers who hurt you is pending approval we just waiting to set a date for you to receive your funds. But they where found dead all three of them in their homes yesterday with their throats slit from ear to ear....

What?

Yeah so whatever lose ends you got tie them quickly.

That's not my work Banks...

Well it's somebody's, I have to go if you hear anything play it by ear and stay safe.

I will thank you for everything! You saved my life!

Any time kid! He smiled before walking away. I left the court building and met everyone outside. My mind was only wondering what was in this envelope. I pulled over on a random street looking at the envelope. I opened it and it was covered with three different bloodlines with the officers names under it. At the bottom it read "I'll never let anyone hurt you again! Everyone will die behind you"

I grabbed my lighter from the cup holder and sat the paper in fire dropping it out the window as it burned and crumbled. I pulled off as it burned.