Chapter 13

JAMES P.O.V.

How much time am I looking at? I asked my lawyer sitting down.

Life! They up the charges to a R.I.C.O.!

What?! I pay y'all muthafuckas way to much money to even have this shit like this. A fuckin RICO!

Look I'm looking to getting it reduced. Do you know a Andre Watkinson? Also known as Woo?

Yeah why?

He was working with the feds. He was found murdered in a motel room and a sex worker as well. They have you listed as a suspect. He told them if anything was to ever happen to him it was you since you previously Shot him outside a night club?

That's alleged, there's no proof I shot him.

He said it was over some girl name Brionna! He told them a few things about your organization as well. But we need to focus on this Murder as of right now. Your their number one suspect. Because he had a wire in the room. (He pulled out a tape recorder.) What does this sound like? (He pressed play.) "This time you won't rise from the dead!"

Fuck! I said under my breath. "That could be anybody!"

They will cross examine your voice in trial!

Let's make sure we don't take it to trial.

Well I'll see what their offering and come back. For now stay out of trouble! He said as he packed his stuff up to leave.

Mr. Carter stay here! A CO said coming to the door as Quan walked down the hall.

Sup nigga! He said slapping me up.

We gotta talk! I said as he sat down.

What's going on?

Nigga Woo had a wire! Told the Feds if something happened to him it was me. He ran business to them muthafuckas. I got a RICO!

A fuckin RICO? Nigga is you serious? Who all they got named in that shit?

I don't know I got the team on it now. What I do know is that Woo told them all this shit is over Bri. And my business is fucked.

It's not! Bri got a hold on everything she got shit sealed tight and switched a lot of Shìt up. So whatever they know it's not gonna be valid cause she took over a lot of shit. And it's really to fuck over Cali and make her pissed off cause she thinks she's your wife.

She what?

Yeah nigga whatever you asked her to do was good timing cause nobody know shit.

Even better I can use that as amo to keep business indifferent until I get out. Keep shit low! Tell her to come see me and use somebody else name when she sign in.

Ight, we got this! Ima stick besides you nigga. He stood up and slapped me up.

I gave the CO the signal to take me back to the pods. I stopped at my door when I came in and seen a new cell mate. He looked up and we looked each other in the eyes. These niggas know not to give me no fuckin cellmate.

Look for another room!

I get it you mad at me! Wanna fight it out? Or be grown man and talk this shit out?

I don't want you to do shit besides get out my cell.

I ain't going nowhere! We family.

Nigga we ain't shit!

You wanna be with my sister? We gone talk this shit out!

I don't wanna be with her and nigga she made that shit very clear she don't wanna be with me. Quan you fucked that up so like I said get out my cell.

Her mom died when she was 11! She never knew what love was. Our dad wasn't shit to her. Put his step kids over us 3. When she was about 14, she met this nigga. He lied about his age....he use to beat her ass so bad she was scared to tell us. He use to lock her in closets and forced his self in her. I vowed to myself right then right there that I'd never ever let another nigga hurt my sister again. And when y'all got shot it was all I could think about. I was pissed I couldn't protect her. That's why I lied to her, and didn't want you to be with her. My baby sister is my world and she's an amazing woman who deserves to be loved by a man that's perfect and will never hurt her.