Chapter 18

JAMES P.O.V.

Your case is on hold! My lawyer said walking into the conference room.

What the fuck you mean? It's been weeks!

Well a few weeks ago the lead prosecutor that brought the charges against you and came up with the case died of a heart attack. Then they where going to proceed but the tape recorder and evidence went missing from his house and the station. Two agents on your case that also knew what happened one is brain dead and the other is in a coma from a bad car accident that just so happened to had happen. Someone was on a high speed chase and crashed into them. There star witnesses is also dead.

What the fuck is going on?

I don't know but if they don't get ready to proceed with the case I'm gonna motion to drop this and you be released.

How long will that take?

The next court date isn't until September!

September it's fuckin July!

I know! There probably fishing for evidence which is what's taking so long and trying to see what they can do since all that happened. They're going to try to keep you.

See if you can get the court date moved up and get me out of here.

I'm working on it!

Work harder Banks! I got up from my seat and left the room to go back to my cell. I was fuckin annoyed how the fuck do the nigga die of a heart attack and the other two damn near dead too. I need to fuckin get out of here. I was in jail for over a month now and I can just imagine how everything on the outside going.

I grabbed my phone and closed the door calling Quan. He picked up on the first ring. "What's word?"

Yo nigga I don't know what the fuck is going on! FBI agents out here dropping like fuckin flies your ordering hits?

Hell naw! Banks just told me what's up. How's business?

Shit you know Bri got that shit on lock. She generated 5.2 million in a month and pushing extra product around. How she get them extra keys I don't know. She even extended territory!

What?

Yeah nigga do you even know who she really is? Yo she beat the fuck out of Cali a few weeks ago.

What? What Cali do?

She started with her took it there and Bri just flipped she beat the fuck out of Cali bro, she a savage like scary type shit and I ain't never been scared of no bitch! But Bri different.

Damn! Have her come see me.

Ight bra stay up!

I hung up the phone and put it back up. Good to hear business was going straight but this shit with Cali and Bri was not good. Cali don't know how to let shit ride or listen. It's always her way or no way and I damn sure didn't think Bri had this in her. I knew she was special but damn. All I can think about is the first time I saw her and that attitude she had. Riz told me not to fuck with her she wasn't what I thought she was and had a trigger finger on her. That nigga ain't neva lied.