Chapter 9

JAMES P.O.V.

I'm fine get me out of here! I said standing up.

Mr. Carter your not fine, you haven't even cracked a smile or laughed.

Cause ain't shit funny! Your not gonna let me out? I asked looking at her as if she was suppose.

No you...

I walked over to the wall and rammed my arm into the doorway until I heard a crack in my shoulder and elbow. I dislocated both and was able to pull the jacket off on one side. Once I got it over my head I used this sharp metal piece hanging from the doorway to hook the zipper and unzip it letting my arms free. I pulled my shoulder and elbow back into place and looked at her and she looked at me and I walked out. She was stuck in disbelief and I did not give a fuck. I walked out the building as a code was called for me.
I walked down the street and figured out how to get to the main road.

Hey handsome you look lost! A girl said pulling over to me.

Actually I am can uhh you give me a ride, I got you on gas.

Yeah sure hope in! She smiled. She was a white dumb blond bitch. The type to think she black cause she fuckin on a black dude. "So where to?" She asked applying lip gloss.

South side 74th street!

Okay. You like music? What's yo name? She asked as she pulled off.

Ja'Von and naw I don't can you just drive.

Mmm okay, I'm Jessica by the way! I thought you was really handsome and just had to stop.

Thanks appreciate it.

Are you seeing someone? I mean of course not you took a ride from a stranger right?!

I gotta wife can you just shut the fuck up and drive! I asked angrily scaring her a bit. She shut right up and sped on the expressway.
I got out the car as she was still talking "if your wife ever you know or you need to...here's my number!" She said as I was getting out. I closed the door in her face and she screamed "rude"

I went into the trap and everybody in here was doing the usual. I went up to my office and to my surprise Quan was in here running business on the phone. I picked my gun up and phone and I didn't have no missed calls. I tried calling Bri on the burner phone a few times but she didn't answer.

Hey bra you good?! Quan asked as he was getting off the phone. I walked over to the closet and grabbed a giant bag out. I sat it on my desk opening it.

Member what I told you Jay'Quan!

Bra come on stop talking like that! I can't imagine living life without you. We been locked in for damn near 12 years now bra you my BestFriend my brother nigga stop talking like that! I'll crash out of you kid you know that!

I do and that's why when I'm gone this belong to you! I pulled out the TNT dynamite examining them.

What the fuck you got this for? Quan asked scared.
My phone started ringing and it was from an unknown number. "Who is this?" I asked answering.

Hi am I speaking with Mr. Carter? A woman's voice asked on the other line.

Yeah who this?

__________

Hi I'm Amanda Hill, I'm one of the counselors here at Erie County Women's Correctional Facility and I'm sorry to inform you that your wife BRIONNA was found deceased this morning in her cell! A lady said on the phone.

What you just say? James asked snapping.

Your wife sir....I'm sorry for your loss!

Nah you must got the wrong person. I laughed.

No, um your name and number was listed on her intake form that your her husband and unfortunately she passed.

What bra? Quan asked as James threw his phone into the wall angrily as he began to fuck everything up. "Bra chill what's going on?"

He pulled his gun out placing it to his head. "James you tweeking bra come on out the gun down here me out just put the gun down talk to me tell me what they just said!"

James had tears rushing down his face as the conversation he just had played over and over again in his head.

Somebody killed her! I don't wanna live without her I can't live without her. He cried hard.

Who bra who?

Brionna!

What bra?

They just called and said she was dead she was found dead. I'm not...
Quan pulled James in for a hug, hugging him tightly as James broke down crying. "I love her so much so fuckin much!" He cried harder.

I know you do bro! Let me just call banks Ight. Quan said trying not to break down. He let him go and walked outside the room breaking down. He pulled his phone out and called Banks.

Hello? (Quan was silent)
Hello??
Quan you there?

Hey um (he tried to clear his voice) uhh he just got a call saying Brionna is dead.

Excuse me?

(Quan started breaking down crying hard) he just got a call from the jail saying she's dead.

I'm on my way down there now! Banks said in a panic. He hung up and Quan wiped his face and cleared his throat. He walked back in the room with his chest out and chin high.

Banks said he gone...umm Banks said he's on his way down there now! We gonna wait until we get a positive ID first. Okay?