Chapter 7

QUAN (Shooter BestFriend) P.O.V.

I walked into the ward and the nurse escorted me through some doors and down the hall towards a CC room. James sat in a wheelchair facing the window in a straight jacket.

He's been like that since y'all bought him In yesterday.

Thanks.
I walked into the room and pulled a chair out and pulled it next to him sitting the opposite way. "Sup kid!" I greeted him. He didn't say a word just kept looking straight. His eyes was blood shot red and filled with emptiness.

You alright? How you feeling? I asked trying to get his attention but still nothing.

I'm gonna take care of this bra you got my word! I love you kid!
My heart was shattered for my brother. I never showed love or emotion but this shit had me feeling some type of way. James wasn't the type to show emotion or wear his heart on his sleeve. I did notice a long time ago he faces certain challenges but I thought it was just normal shit. Brionna really brought a side out of him that makes him wanna be a different him like she brings the hood out in him and he needs that. He's been broken for so long and he always use to felt like he wasn't good enough to be loved so anybody hurting what he loves is a no go. I knew of his past to an extent he never really talked about it.

I got up to leave and he turned his head to face me. "I'm my house in the closet in my safe there's instructions on what to do if I die. The code is my birthday!" He said finally speaking.

Why are you telling me this James? Your not gonna die!

My funeral and burial plot is already paid for.

Don't talk like that man. We brothers!

From the womb to the tomb!

I got you bro whatever you need me on I got you.

Just remember that...
He turned his head back towards the window and I got up to walk out. Tears rolled down my face as I walked down the hall towards the exit. I never really thought about death too much but hear him say that I know he had a crazy plan. I was scared of what was to come.

*flash back*

Boy you so fuckin stupid yo ass gone stay in the fuckin 6th grade forever with yo bum ass! My dad yelled as he walked past me.

Roy go easy on him ! His girlfriend said following behind him.

I'm actually pretty smart but you wouldn't know that cause your a crackhead! One day ima serve you and you gone wish you never did drugs!

Boy what you say? He yelled caught off guard about what I just said. He turned around so fast and punched me in my face. I wasn't bouta keep letting this nigga hit me so i hit him back and grabbed the knife off the counter stabbing him to defend myself. He hit me so hard so many times I didn't see the police pull him off me. He screamed and screamed that I stabbed him and for them to take me so they did.

I was arrested and brought to juvenile detention center while I waited for my mother to come get me but she never did.

What you in for? A kid asked coming to sit next to me. "Don't look scared these muthafuckas pray on shit like that, I'm James!"

I'm JayQuan and I uhh stabbed my dad...

Damn you like what 11,12?

Yeah and you look young what 10, 11?

Exactly I'm 10 bouta be 11 ain't my first rodeo in this bitch!

Shit this gone be my last!

Yo give me yo lunch! Some older kid said coming to my table and James started laughing. "Fuck is you laughing for ?"

GiVe mE Yo lUnCh! James mocked the kid. This lil dude ain't take shit seriously. James spit out a bunch of peas in the kid face. I tried so hard not to laugh. "There you go bitch!" He said with a smile.

The kid raised his hand to punch him in the face but James was to quick he got up and punched him. This kid has to be about 14 how big he was. They started fighting and James was getting the best of him. I seen two other kids running over to jump in I jumped up and punched the first kid before he could jump in. I started whooping both these kids asses. We was sliding in blood from the dude James was fighting. The fight was officially broken up by the officers.

Suck my dick bitch! James yelled as they pulled him away. We was moved to the isolation unit and put in cells by ourselves.

After weeks of being in the isolation unit I was able to get out. My mother came and got me. She was married to some nigga who didn't want kids and he ruled her. She can never really wanted me that's why she left me with my dad. Said she would always come back for me but she didn't. I guess getting abused makes you forget everything. After a while of not wanting me around and him selling his drugs she planned to kick me out. She gave me $50 and told me to get out. I stole that nigga gun left with the bag I came in with and was on the streets.

I didn't know where to go or where to turn to. I walked through the hood and I came across D low. D low was a drug dealer he was known for putting young kids on.

I need a reup! A kid said walking up on him.

Aye yo you wanna make some money? He yelled out to me as I was just a few feet sweat not really knowing what to say.

Yeah!

Yoooo JayQuan! Ma nigga! The kid smiled coming over to me. It was James he slapped me up and I was happy I seen a familiar face.

They let you out too?

Let out, escaped all the same shit if you ask me! He laughed.

You crazy dude!

Yeah I know! He shrugged his shoulders laughing. "Wanna make some money?"

I'm down...

Yo this my boy Quan nigga put him on!

And just like that my BestFriend my brother for life!

*Flashback over*

I looked up at the window where he was sitting in front of and that blank stare was all I could see. My brother man. I got in the car and pulled off. These muthafuckas was gone pay!