Healing Hearts: A Night of Vulnerability and Connection

Hello everyone! I've noticed that more than 200 people are reading my story, but I'm only getting 35-40 likes on each chapter. I kindly request all of you to please like the chapters and share your thoughts about them. 

This will help me understand if you enjoy the storyline, and it will also motivate me to write more chapters regularly. 

If this chapter reaches 70+ likes today, I'll post another update for you today! So, please like and comment. Much love to you all! :)

________________________________________

Devendra's pov -

The echo of my harsh words reverberated through the silent halls of the mansion. I watched Devyani's tear-filled eyes, and a pang of regret pierced through my chest.

I never intended to hurt her physically or emotionally, but my frustration and the haunting memories of life had erupted like a volcano, scalding everything in its path.

As I walked away, the weight of my own anger pressed heavily on my shoulders.

Back in my office on the third floor, I tried to focus on my work, but I couldn't stop thinking about Devyani being in my study.

I felt a mix of emotions – I was mad at her for coming into my space, guilty for getting upset, and a bit curious to understand what was going on.

"Why can't she just stay out of it?" I muttered to myself, clenching my fists. My mind replayed the scene in the study, and I couldn't shake off the guilt for hurting her. But what choice did I have? I couldn't let anyone into the locked chambers of my heart.

Love was a dangerous game, and I had vowed never to play it after what I have witnessed in my life.

As the night descended, I found myself standing near the window, with a bottle of alchocol in my right hand, staring at the moonlit sky.

Devyani's presence lingered in the air, and a strange mix of emotions churned within me. The past, the pain, and the fear of opening up haunted my thoughts.

Not able to handle all these emotions, I drank the entire bottle of alcohol in one go and went to pick another bottle.

*****

Devyani's pov –

The study room felt different now, carrying the echoes of a confrontation that had left me shaken. As the heavy door closed, I felt stuck between wanting to understand Devendra and feeling hurt by his rejection.

The diary, the drawings, and the poem all hinted at a side of him he didn't want to reveal.

I looked at the closed door, wondering whether to go after him or give him the space he wanted.

After thinking for two minutes, I realized that it's enough for today. I should go to my room and sleep now.

I went to the third floor and was about to open the door to our bedroom when I heard the sound of breaking glass from Devendra's office.

After hearing it once, there was another sound of glass breaking again. I quickly ran towards Dev's office to check if everything is okay. I slowly opened the gate of his office and went inside.

I was shocked to see the condition of his office room. The entire room was scattered with belongings, and broken glass was lying on the floor.

Dev was sitting behind the desk, staring at some distant point. The room was silent except for the sound of my footsteps, as I was wearing anklets.