The Secret is Out

Apologies for the delay in the update. I was caught up in some work!

Word count: 3,300

Please do vote guys!!! 🤌
_______________________________________

Devendra's pov

"Maa, I will tell you everything related to Jay later. Right now, we have to go downstairs. And I request you, can we please keep this thing between us for now?" I said, pleading with my eyes.

"But Devendra, how can..." she started to protest, but I cut her off.

"Maa, you trust your son, right? I must have done whatever I did after thinking it through, right?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Then let's go downstairs for now. I will explain everything to you later," I said, turning towards Jay.

"Jay, you stay here. I'll come back to see you in a little while," I told him.

"But... but Dev bhai, Badi maa said... Dad... dad is here. And, and why were you calling him by his name?" he asked, confused.

"I'll explain everything to you later, Jay. But right now, I have to go," I replied. He stood silent for a few seconds, then slowly nodded his head. "I will be back soon," I assured him, then gestured to Maa and Devyani to leave the room.

They both walked out, and I followed, closing and locking Jay's room door behind me.

As we walked downstairs, a lot of questions raced through my mind.

Why was he here? I had told him that I needed some time to think about the proposal he had given me, then why is he here suddenly?

As we reached the stairs leading to the main hall on the ground floor, I scanned the whole area with my eyes.

He was sitting on the middle sofa, surrounded by his bodyguards, as if he owned the place. Dad and Dadu were sitting just in front of him on another sofa, and Shalini Chachi was sitting beside them on another sofa.

Samar was sitting next to Shalini Chachi, holding her right hand for comfort, his eyes filled with rage as he looked at his father.

The only good thing here was that, Kashish was not present here. She had gone outside to meet her friend.

I took my phone out of my pocket and texted Samar, "Do you have the guns with you? And tell security to stay alert, anything can happen here now." I hit send and waited for his response. I don't want to use violence against Sanjay Chachu, but I don't know what is going through his mind. So it's better if I stay alert.

I saw Samar checking his phone and he replied with a thumbs up.

"Dev, beta, please keep calm and try to handle the situation calmly," Sharda Maa said to me. I didn't respond, just nodded my head and simply started walking downstairs.

As I entered the main hall, all eyes, including Sanjay Chachu's, turned towards me.

"Well, well, look who is here. Finally, you came. I was waiting for you, my dear Devendra beta," he said as I approached him. "Why are you here?" I asked directly, my voice devoid of emotion.

"Oh! No hi, hello, no Namaste, straight to business? That's why I like you, Devendra. You get straight to the point," he replied, standing up from the sofa.

As he came slightly closer to me, his bodyguards moved forward slightly, but he stopped them with a gesture of his right hand, signaling them to stay on their places.