Morning Encounters and Breakfast Embarrassment

Next update will be only after 95+ votes on this chapter, not before that!!

________________________________________

"Where were you, Dev?" Devyani asked.

As Devendra froze in place, he turned slowly to see Devyani sitting up in bed, her eyes heavy with sleep but filled with concern.

He hadn't expected her to be awake, let alone aware of his absence. Swallowing hard, he tried to come up with an explanation, but the words seemed to escape him.

"Uh, I... I was just..." he stuttered, his mind racing for an excuse. But before he could say anything more, Devyani interrupted him, her voice laced with worry.

"You made me worried, Dev. I woke up and you weren't here. I was just going to look out for you." she said softly, her gaze searching his face for answers.

Devendra felt a pang of guilt wash over him.

He hadn't meant to worry her, but his encounter with the person in the hidden room had taken longer than he had anticipated. He knew he had to tell her something.

"I... I had to take care of something, I was in my office room" he lied, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Is everything okay? You seem tense," she asked, her voice filled with genuine concern.

Devendra forced a smile, trying to reassure her. "Yes, everything's fine. Sorry... I didn't mean to worry you." Devyani studied him for a moment, her expression softening with understanding.

"It's okay, Dev." she said reassuringly.

"But please, next time, just let me know whenever you're going like this. I don't like waking up in the middle of the night and finding you gone."

Devendra nodded, feeling a wave of gratitude wash over him. He knew she cared for him so deeply, so he had to be more mindful of her feelings in the future.

"Okay, Biwi. I'll let you know from next time," he says.

"Okay! Now come to bed and get some rest." She says, patting to the space beside her.

With that, she lay back down and snuggled under the covers.

Dev also came and laid beside her. As he lay beside Devyani, he couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air.

He knew he had to tell Devyani the truth eventually, but he couldn't bring himself to do it just yet. Not when things were still so uncertain.

Closing his eyes, Devendra tried to push aside the turmoil swirling within him and let himself drift off into slumber.

*****

Devyani's pov –

As I woke up in the morning, I felt Dev's warmth beside me.

I looked at him, his usual serious look softer in sleep. His messy hair falling on his forehead made him look even more charming and then my eyes shifted towards his lips.

The events of the previous night played in my mind like a vivid dream, leaving me feeling a mix of emotions – desire and confusion.

I couldn't deny the intense connection between us, but at the same time, I couldn't shake off the feeling that we had crossed a line.

I had taken a step with him in which there is no room for going back now.

As I shifted in bed, I noticed Dev stirring beside me, but he didn't open his eyes, meaning he was still sleeping.