The Truth (Part - I)

Word count: 2,800

The next part will be posted on Sunday at 8 PM!

________________________________________

Devyani's pov -

As Samar Bhai's words hung in the air, I felt a mix of confusion and disbelief wash over me. Diya? What did she have to do with all of this?

Diya had always been a mysterious figure in Dev's life, someone he rarely talked about but seemed to hold a significant place in his memories.

My mind raced with questions, trying to piece together the puzzle of what had transpired between Dev and Mrityunjay.

"Samar Bhai, I don't understand," I began, my voice trembling slightly.

"What does Diya have to do with Dev and Mrityunjay's fight?" My heart pounded in my chest as I awaited his response, desperately hoping for some clarity amidst the chaos of emotions swirling within me.

"Bhabhi, I can't tell you everything because it's not my place to do so. It's Dev bhai's responsibility to share this information with you."

"You asked me about the reason behind the heated argument between Dev bhai and Mrityunjay that day, and I have told you."

"But please don't ask me more questions because Dev bhai will be upset with me. He's already going to scold me for telling you this much, and if I say more, I'll get into trouble. Bhabhi, please try to understand." He replied.

I nodded, understanding Samar Bhai's dilemma.

It was evident that he wanted to respect Dev's privacy and trust, even at the cost of withholding information that I was eager to know.

"I understand, Samar Bhai," I said softly, offering him a reassuring smile.

"Thank you for telling me what you could. I won't press you for more information." Despite my curiosity, I knew that pushing Samar Bhai further would only strain our relationship and potentially create more tension within the family.

Samar Bhai's shoulders visibly relaxed as he let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Bhabhi," he said gratefully, his expression reflecting his relief. "I appreciate your understanding."

I reached out to place a comforting hand on his arm, offering him a supportive squeeze.

"Of course, Samar Bhai," I replied sincerely. "We're family now, and family looks out for each other." He nodded his head and then left from there leaving me alone in my thoughts.

As the sun began to set, casting a warm golden glow over the garden, I felt a sense of peace settle over me.

I looked up at the window of Dev's office, I saw him talking on a phone call with someone, still watching me, his gaze filled with a mixture of concern and affection.

Despite the distance that had grown between us in recent days, I knew that our bond was unbreakable.

I gave him a faint smile and turned my face away, gazing at the sunset, pondering over everything Samar Bhai had said.

*****

Devendra's pov -

The past week had been a whirlwind of emotions and responsibilities.

From dealing with the aftermath of the attack to ensuring the safety of my family, every moment seemed to blur into the next.

But amidst the chaos, one thing remained constant: my determination to keep my loved ones safe.