The Realisation

Word count: 3,500

Please Read This: ⬇️

A gentle reminder to everyone. I checked the comment section and noticed a few offensive comments. I kindly request you all not to write any offensive words. You can express your emotions/feelings without using offensive words. So please, choose your words wisely!! 😊

Also, I had asked a question at the end of the chapter. Please read it and answer it. 🙌

That's all for today. Now, you can read the chapter!
_______________________________________

Devendra's pov –

"I'm sorry, Dev. But I can't do this," I heard Devyani saying.

She grasped the gun which was in her hand, her movements deliberate as she turned it around and pointed it at her own head.

"I can't live with the thought of hurting you," she whispered, her words trembling with emotion.

"How can I kill my own love with my hands? Besides, without you, I won't be able to live anyway. So it's better that I die too."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I listened to her heartbreaking words. The depth of her love, her willingness to sacrifice everything for me, overwhelmed me with a profound sense of despair.

"And you..." she said, turning slightly towards Jay, her voice filled with anger and bitterness.

"I will never forgive you for this. You are a selfish and heartless person. Your brother did everything for you, and this is how you repay him."

"Remember my words, even if you get your revenge by killing Dev, God will never forgive you for this. You will never find happiness."

"Your own love could not be fulfilled, so you are also not letting your brother's love be fulfilled. You are a very selfish person, Jay! You will never find happiness, Jay."

"Never!!" she said, her words cutting through the air like a knife.

Tears streamed down her face as she spoke, her eyes blazing with fury and pain. In that moment, I saw the strength and resilience that had always been a part of her, even in the face of such overwhelming adversity.

And as she stood there, confronting Jay with the full force of her anger and bitterness, I knew that she was right. No amount of revenge could ever bring true happiness.

Only love, forgiveness, and compassion could heal the wounds that had been inflicted upon us.

Her eyes then turned towards me, filled with love. "Perhaps this was the end of our story. I love you, Dev. Always remember that," she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion as her eyes locked with mine.

And then, in a moment that felt like an eternity, she pulled the trigger.

The sound of a click echoed through the room, and I watched as within a second, Devyani's hand, which had been holding the gun to her temple, was suddenly lifted into the air upside.

Jay had seized her hand in the moment she pressed the trigger, redirecting the gun away from her. He had directed the gun upwards in the air through his hand, ensuring that Devyani wouldn't be harmed by the bullet.

Time seemed to freeze as the realization washed over me. Jay had prevented Devyani from taking her own life.

Devyani's eyes widened in astonishment, her breath catching in her throat as she realized what had just happened.