Unveiling Truths: The Weight of Lies, Betrayal, and Revenge

Hey guys! I have made an Instagram account where I will be posting reels and sneak peak of the upcoming chapters. I kindly ask for your support by following me on Instagram.

Here's my insta id - viwataxx__

_______________________________________

Devyani's pov –

"How did your accident happen, Dev?" I asked and I felt his grip on my arms loosen.

Dev hesitated for a moment, his gaze dropping to the bedsheet, looking here and there, everywhere in the room except looking at me.

He took a deep breath, as if gathering his thoughts before speaking. "It was late at night, and I was driving back from a friend's place. I had a few drinks, but I thought I was okay to drive. I was wrong," he began, his voice tinged with regret.

"I lost control of the car, and it skidded off the road, hitting a tree. The impact was severe, and I was lucky to escape with just a few injuries," he explained, still not meeting my gaze.

As Dev spoke, a sense of unease settled within me.

His avoidance of eye contact, the way his voice wavered with each word, it all hinted at something deeper than just a simple accident.

I was feeling like, he was not telling me the truth. He was hiding it from me.

I reached out, placing a hand on his cheek, making him look into my eyes."Dev," I spoke softly, my heart heavy with the weight of his unspoken truths. "I know you're lying."

His eyes widened in surprise, his expression shows a mix of shock and apprehension.

He opened his mouth as if to protest, but no words came out. I smiled looking into his eyes and say, "Koshish acchi thi Dev, Jhooth bolne ki, par agar aap mujhse jhooth bolna chaahte hai, to me aapko bata du, aapko thodi aur mehnat karne ki jaroorat hai."

"Kyonki, aapki ye jo aankhein hai naa Dev, ye bina kucch kahe hi mujhe sab bata deti hai."

(Dev, your attempt to lie was good, but if you want to lie to me, let me tell you, you need to try a little harder. Because, you know, your eyes, Dev, they tell me everything without saying anything)

Dev's eyes widened even further, his surprise turning into a mixture of disbelief and vulnerability.

He seemed caught off guard by my perceptiveness, realizing that his attempts to conceal the truth had been transparent to me all along.

A flicker of fear passed through his eyes as he realized the depth of my understanding. He tried to gather his thoughts, his gaze shifting uneasily, searching for a way to respond.

But the words seemed to elude him, trapped behind a barrier of guilt and apprehension.

I kept my hand gently on his cheek, offering reassurance amidst the silence that hung heavy between us. "Dev," I whispered, my voice a soft echo in the room, "Tell me, how did your accident happen?" He swallowed hard, unable to maintain the facade any longer. With a defeated sigh, he finally confessed.

"Biwi, I didn't want to worry you, that is why I was trying to hide the truth from you, but I think my lie is not going to work for you."

"The truth is, it wasn't an accident. It was an attack."

As Dev's words hung in the air, a chill ran down my spine. An attack?

My mind raced with questions, fear gnawing at the edges of my thoughts. Who would want to harm Dev? Why would someone go to such lengths to hurt him?