The Revenge

Word count: 2,700

The vote target isn't completed, but for me, my readers are more important because many people requested to upload the next chapter soon, and as usual, I couldn't refuse their request. So here's another new update for all of you. 🫴♥️

I'm not setting a vote target for this chapter. I hope you all won't disappoint me by not giving this chapter a good number of votes! 😊

Also, I know many of you will dislike Jay after reading this chapter. But please remember, his character is portrayed as a person who was deeply obsessed with Diya and is also dealing with mental health issues.

You can express your feelings or dislike towards him, but please choose your words wisely.

_______________________________________

Devyani's pov

My breath caught in my throat as Jay's words hung heavy in the air, filling the room with a chilling silence. Dev's eyes widened with shock and concern.

"Jay, please," Dev said, his voice steady despite the tension crackling around us. "Put the glass down. You don't want to do this," he said.

But Jay's grip on me remained firm, the broken glass still dangerously close to my neck.

His eyes bore into Dev's with an intensity that sent shivers down my spine.

"Don't come any closer, Dev bhai," Jay warned, his voice low and menacing. "I mean it. I won't hesitate to do what I have just said," he replied.

I could see the conflict warring within Dev as he stood there, torn between his desire to protect me and the realization that any sudden movement could provoke Jay further.

"Jay, listen to me," Dev said again, his voice calm but urgent as he took a step towards us. "You're not thinking clearly right now. Let's talk about this. Leave, Devyani."

But Jay's expression remained hardened, his resolve unyielding.

"I said stop right there!" he spat, his grip on me tightening even further.

In that moment, I felt a surge of panic welling up inside me, threatening to overwhelm my senses, and I realized that Dev had been correct all along.

We shouldn't have come here. He had warned me about the risk of meeting Jay, but I hadn't listened. And now, because of my decision, we were in this dangerous situation.

"You don't have to do this. Let her go, and we can talk." Dev tried one more time, trying to convince him.

"No more talking," Jay replied, his voice tinged with bitterness. "This is the only way."

"Jay, please," I said sofly, my voice trembling with fear. "Don't do this. You don't want to hurt anyone."

But he remained unmoved, his gaze fixed on Dev with a dangerous intensity. I glanced desperately at Dev, silently pleading for him to find a way to diffuse the situation, to save us from this situation.

"You, step back. Step back, and go to your place where you were standing before otherwise, I'll plunge this glass into your wife's neck right now," Jay threatened Dev, pressing the glass closer to my neck.

The sharpness of the glass against my skin made me flinch, but I didn't show it. If Dev knew I was in pain, he would weaken, and I couldn't let that happen.