What are you hiding Dev?

Devendra's pov –

The banter between me and Devyani continued for a while, creating a comfortable atmosphere in the room. I found myself chuckling more than I had in a long time.

A phone call interrupted our moment. It was my assistant, Aryan, informing me about an urgent meeting. "Duty called", I said looking at Devyani, she nodded in understanding. I excused myself, leaving Devyani alone in the room.

When I reached my office room I found myself immersed in work, but my mind kept drifting back to the events of the previous night.

The fragments of my conversation with Devyani, the broken glass, and the guilt over her injured foot played on a loop in my mind.

Later in the day, as I was engrossed in a series of meetings, I decided to take a break and visit Samar's office which is at the second floor, attached to his bedroom.

As I entered his office room, I noticed Samar sitting there, engrossed in some documents.

"Any progress on finding out who attacked me during the wedding?" I asked, cutting straight to the point.

Samar looked up, his expression serious. "Yes, Dev bhai. He is the same person about whom we thought; it was that person who orchestrated an attack on you." He handed over a file containing information on the person in question.

I scanned the documents, my face hardening reading the details.

"I will handle this situation in my way, you don't have to worry about this anymore." Samar nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation.

Before I could delve further into the investigation, Samar decided to address another matter that had been weighing on his mind.

"Dev bhai, I've been meaning to ask you about something personal," Samar began cautiously.

I raised an eyebrow, signaling him to continue.

Samar took a deep breath. "How is everything between you and Devyani bhabhi?"

My expression tightened for a moment, but I decided to share a part of my turmoil with Samar. "She found the diary, Samar. The drawings, the poem..."

Samar leaned back, studying my face. "And what did you tell her?"

"I didn't tell her anything. I can't bring myself to trust her completely. There are things in my past that I'm not ready to share," I admitted to him, with a hint of vulnerability in my voice.

Samar sighed, "Dev bhai, you can't keep pushing people away, especially someone who genuinely cares for you."

"If there's anyone you can trust, it's Devyani bhabhi. Share your truth with her. It might bring you both closer."

I remained silent, contemplating Samar's words.

I hesitated, conflicted by the idea. "I can't, Samar. Some things are better left in the past. I don't want to burden her with the darkness that haunts me."

Samar leaned back in his chair, studying me. "You're pushing her away, Dev bhai. She cares about you, and she deserves to know the truth."

I sighed, "I can't risk it. My past is a complicated web, and I don't want her entangled in it."

Samar offered a supportive smile, "Just remember, Dev bhai, trust is a two-way street. You might be surprised at how much strength and understanding she can bring into your life."

Our conversation ended with a heavy silence hanging in the air. I left from his office, my mind still grappling with the shadows that lurked in my past.