The Family Drama

Word count: 3,700

Next chapter will be posted on next week's Friday at 8 PM!

_______________________________________

Devendra's pov –

After Samar left my office, thoughts about Devyani flooded my mind once more. She's truly one of a kind. I've never met anyone like her before.

Her understanding of my emotions, her calm handling of any situation, the way she held my hand when I shared my darkest past – it was all remarkable.

What stood out most was her lack of judgment. Despite learning everything about me, she didn't blame or criticize. Instead, she chose to see the good in me.

I know I've realized it late, but I am very lucky to have her in my life. I am very lucky to have her as my life partner, as my Biwi.

I couldn't stop thinking about how I hadn't realized her love before. Her never-ending support and love were like a bright light in my dark past.

But now, when we are together, I am feeling like I can tackle anything.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize how much time had passed until there was a knock on my door. I looked up to see a servant standing there, he informed me that everyone is at the dinner table and they are waiting for me. I nodded my head at him, telling him to inform everyone that I am coming in five minutes.

"Chalo beta Devendra, bahot saari Taang khichai hone wali hai tumhari dining table par, ready ho jao" I thought in my mind.

(Alright, Dev, get ready for a lot of teasing at the dining table)

I quickly gathered my things and made my way downstairs to join the rest of the family for dinner.

As I entered the dining room, I was greeted with smiles and cheerful chatter. Everyone was already seated, including Dadu, Dad, Mom, Shalini Chachi and other family members.

Devyani looked up and our eyes met, a soft smile playing on her lips.

I took my seat next to her. As soon as I sat down, I noticed Sharda Mom, Shalini Chachi, Kashish, and Samar looking at me with mischievous grins. They had been chatting before I arrived, but now they all stopped and focused on me.

Chachi smirked, and I raised my eyebrows, knowing exactly what she was thinking.

As I settled into my seat, I could feel the weight of their collective gaze, and a sense of impending mischief filled the air.

Shalini Chachi leaned in slightly, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "So, Devendra beta," she began, her tone innocent yet mischievous, "how was your day? Anything interesting happen?" Her words were casual, but the knowing glances exchanged between the others told me that this was anything but a simple inquiry.

I glanced around the table, trying to gauge their intentions.

Sharda Mom had a playful smirk on her face, while Kashish and Samar were trying their best to suppress their laughter. It was evident that they were up to something, and I knew that I was about to become the subject of their teasing.

I cleared my throat, acting cool, I replied as if nothing happened, "Oh, you know, the usual. Just another day busy at work."

My attempt to change the subject only resulted in everyone giving me skeptical looks and smirks, with raised eyebrows and knowing smiles all around.