Difficulties in Controlling The Sensation

Devyani's pov -

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed, practically shouting as I ran towards my gift.

"Dada!" I said, looking at my older brother, Yuvraj Rajput.

"How are you? How's Mumma and Papa? What are you doing here? Why you didn't inform me that you were coming?" I bombarded him with questions as I hugged him tightly.

"One minute, one minute, let the man catch his breath first. So many questions as soon as I arrive," Yuvi bhai replied teasingly.

I pouted at him, then hugged him again. He chuckled at my behavior.

We stood there for a few seconds, embracing each other. I was so incredibly happy; I couldn't put into words how much seeing my brother meant to me.

He was the best thing that had ever happened in my life.

"What about Dev? Is he not the best thing, that has happened in your life?" My inner voice chimed in. "Shut up," I scolded my inner voice, focusing only on Yuvi bhai for now.

"Are you going to leave him standing at the gate, or will you bring him inside?" I heard Dev's voice from behind.

I released Yuvi bhai, smiling at him, and turned to face Dev, who was standing confidently, both hands in his trouser pockets, sleeves rolled halfway up, showing his veins.

I nodded at Dev and took Yuvi bhai's hand, gesturing for him to come inside. He smiled and followed me. We both walked towards where Dev was standing.

As we reached him, Yuvi bhai and Dev shook hands and shared a brotherly hug.

"How are you, Jiju?" Yuvi bhai asked as he hugged Dev.

"I'm fine, Yuvraj. How are you, and how's Mom and Dad at home?" Dev asked, glancing at me for a moment, then back at Yuvi bhai.

"I'm fine, Jiju, and Mom and Dad are fine too. They've sent their blessings for both of you and they miss you both a lot. They've asked me to tell you specially to take out some time and visit them soon," Yuvi bhai replied.

Dev smiled and said, "Sure, the workload is a bit high right now, but as soon as it eases up, I'll be the first to go and meet them." Yuvi bhai nodded and turned to me.

He lifted his left arm and placed it around my shoulders. "So, Jiju, I hope my Chiku doesn't bother you too much, does she? By the way, you know, I'm really happy about her getting married."

"She used to bother me unnecessarily every day," Yuvi bhai said, playfully pinching my nose.

"Dadaaaaa," I fake cried, pretending to be upset by his comment.

"Oh, so that's how it is? Fine, then you go, I'm not talking to you anymore. Huhhh!" I said, removing his arm from my shoulders and walking away.

But Yuvi bhai immediately stopped me. "Chiku! You're taking it to your heart, I was just joking," he said, making puppy eyes at me.

"I know," I said, and hugging him sideways. Before I could say anything else, I heard Mummy Ji's voice. "Oh, Yuvraj beta, when did you arrive?"

I turned to look at her and saw Shalini chachi coming towards us too with Mummy Ji. Yuvi Bhai went towards Mummy Ji and Chachi, taking their blessings and asking them how they were.

As they were busy talking, I looked towards Dev, who was now checking something on his phone.

"Did you knew, Yuvi bhai was coming?" I asked him in a low voice. He shifted his gaze from his phone to me and nodded.