It hurts, Dev. It hurts!

This is the longest chapter I've ever written, with more than 2000 words. I have put in a lot of effort in writing this chapter, so please show some love, guys!

________________________________________

Devyani's pov -

The moment I mentioned Diya's name, his grip on my arms loosened.

His eyes widened, and a flicker of surprise crossed his face.

The mention of Diya seemed to trigger a storm within him. His eyes flickered with a complex mixture of anger, confusion, and a hint of pain that he desperately tried to hide it.

"What are you talking about?" He said turning away and running a hand through his hair.

"Seriously Dev? Now you are going to pretend like, you don't know who is she?" I asked, frustration clearly visible on my face.

He remained silent, not giving answer to my question.

The atmosphere in the room turned electric, and the unspoken tension between us reached its breaking point.

I took a deep breath, mustering the courage to confront him. "I found a bundle of sketches, poems, and her name in the diary which is in your study room, Dev."

"Who is she? Why have you never mentioned her?"

His expression darkened, and a storm of conflicting emotions played across his face.

"You again went to my study room?" He asked. I gulped and nodded my head slowly.

"You have no right to go through my personal things, Biwi. How many times do I have to tell you, STAY OUT OF MY PAST!!!"

The anger in his voice fueled my own frustration. "Your past is affecting our present, Dev! I deserve to know the truth. Who is Diya, and why is she so important that you never told me about her?"

He scoffed, pulling away from me. "Why should I tell you anything? It's none of your business."

The words stung, and the room seemed to close in around me. I refused to back down.

"If we're supposed to build a life together, then your past becomes my business, Dev. We can't keep secrets from each other."

"I deserve to know who Diya is, especially if she's the reason behind your reluctance to embrace our marriage."

He laughed bitterly, a sound that echoed through the room. "You think you know everything about me, don't you?"

"You think our marriage is about love? Well, wake up! It's a compromise for the sake of my family, and you have no place prying into my personal life.

"And Diya is none of your concern, Biwi. Forget about her."

I couldn't back down. The revelations had opened a Pandora's box, and I needed answers. "I won't forget about her, Dev. I can't. Why can't you tell me about her, tell me, why?"

His frustration boiled over, and he grabbed my shoulders, shaking me slightly. "You don't get it, do you? Diya is a closed chapter, a part of my life I never wanted to revisit. Now drop it!"

The intensity in his eyes fueled my determination. "I won't drop it, Dev. I can't live in the shadows of your past."

He released his grip on my shoulders, pacing around the room like a caged animal. "You're pushing me, Biwi. Don't push me."

The air crackled with tension as our eyes locked in a battle of wills.

"I'm not pushing you, Dev. I'm asking you to let me in, to share your burdens. We can't move forward if you're holding onto the ghosts of your past."