I Killed Her

Word count: 3,300

Another Update for you all! Enjoy your Saturday. 🫶

Vote ka target complete nahi hua hai.. vote kar diya karo yaar guysss!! 🥲

Aur jo log mere itna bolne ki baad bhi mujhe follow nahi kiye naa, Paap lagega tum logo ko paap!! 😂

______________________________________

Devendra's pov -

As I recounted the painful events, Devyani's eyes mirrored the rollercoaster of emotions I felt.

It was like reliving those painful moments all over again, but having her by my side made it a bit easier to bear.

She listened attentively, her expressions shifting from shock to disbelief, then to empathy and understanding.

Her touch was soothing, her words a balm to my wounded soul.

"This is why I find it hard to trust people, Biwi. This is why I find it hard to believe in love because all it seems to do is make you vulnerable."

"Love only brings pain and weakness. Sometimes, I feel like it does not even exist in this world." I said, pulling away from our embrace.

Devyani's expression shifted, a flicker of pain crossing her face, but she stayed quiet, not uttering a word.

Her eyes held a mixture of sadness and understanding as she listened to my words. I could see the pain in her expression, and it tugged at my heartstrings. But even though her silence spoke volumes, she respected my need to express my feelings.

"I know it's hard, Dev," she finally said, her voice soft and gentle.

"But not all love brings pain."

"Sometimes, it's the people who misuse it or don't understand it properly that cause the hurt."

"But just because one person hurt you, it doesn't mean everyone else who claims to love you will do the same. I understand it's hard for you to trust now, but not everyone is the same."

"There are people who will love you for who you are, without hurting you."

"All you have to do is let the right person in." She said, her voice was gentle and her eyes reflected understanding and empathy.

As Devyani spoke, I understood the meaning behind her words, what she was referring to. I knew she was right, that not all love brought pain.

Her presence in my life showed me that. She had shown me what true love was, love that was selfless and unconditional.

"I want to believe you, Biwi. I want to believe that there are people out there who won't hurt me, who won't betray my trust," I said, my voice filled with uncertainty. "But it's hard. After everything that's happened, it's hard to let my guard down, to open myself up."

She reached out, taking my hands in hers. "I understand, Dev. It's okay to be cautious, to take things slow," she said, her voice filled with reassurance.

"But don't let one person's actions decide how you see the world." I smiled at her words and nodded my head.

"Can I ask you one thing?" she said softly, and I hummed in response.

"You mentioned that you and Diya weren't close in a romantic way, but..." She paused, stumbling over her words.

"But?" I asked.