Chiku, Chiku Everywhere!

Devyani's pov -

I heard Chachi asking for the rice bowl, so I reached out to pass it to her, saying "Ji, Chachi."

Just then, Dev also spoke up the same words, reaching out his hand to pick the rice bowl.

When our hands accidentally touched, I paused, wondering why he also said "Ji, Chachi."

Before I could figure it out, Chachi says again, "Arre wah, Chiku aur Chiku ek saath rice bowl utha rahe hain! Kya baat hai, bahu aur bete mein itni similarity!"

"Par Chiku beta, I mean Devyani beta, me tumhe nahi, me ye wale Chiku ko bol rahi thi." Chachi exclaimed, pointing her finger at Dev, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

(Wow, both Chiku and Chiku are picking up the rice bowl together! What a coincidence between the daughter-in-law and the son! But Devyani beta, I was not asking you, I was asking this Chiku to pass the rice bowl).

I didn't understand it at first so I looked at Dev, he closed his eyes, embarrassment clearly visible on his face and then it hit me.

Oh my god!

Dev's name is Chiku too.

I couldn't believe my ears when I hear this. I was surprised by this new information about him.

Oh, and the look on Dev's face was priceless!

I couldn't help but burst into laughter as he sat frozen, caught in the act of reaching for the rice bowl at the same time as me. It was like a scene straight out of a comedy movie.

Chachi's mischievous grin confirmed my suspicion that she had orchestrated this whole situation.

She always enjoyed pulling Dev's leg, and I couldn't blame her. After all, seeing him squirm under her teasing was quite entertaining.

"Chiku?" I repeated, trying to contain my laughter.

I couldn't resist and burst into laughter again, holding my stomach as tears of amusement filled my eyes.

Here was the big, bad wolf, the king of our household, getting flustered over a simple nickname.

"Chiku? Really, Dev?" I teased, unable to contain my laughter as I watched him squirm in embarrassment. "I never would've guessed!"

In return, I earned a glare from him. "Oh come on, Chiku! It's too cute. I never imagined a big, tough guy like you would have such a sweet nickname." I said again.

His scowl only deepened, and I could see the frustration building up in him.

But I wasn't about to let him off the hook so easily and neither Chachi. Chachi was enjoying this too much, I can clealry see it.

I liked how the tables had turned!

"Devyani beta, tumhe nahi pata tha ki, Devendra ka nickname Chiku hai?" Chachi aksed innocently looking at me.

(Devyani dear, didn't you know that Devendra's nickname is Chiku)?

I shook my head in a 'No'.

"Oh, koi baat nahi, abhi bata dete hai." Chachi said, turning her gaze towards Dev, and says "Chiku, meet Chiku,"

(Oh, it's okay, let me tell you now," Chachi said, turning her gaze towards Dev. "Chiku, meet Chiku).

Dev rolled his eyes. "You're enjoying this way too much Chachi, aren't you?" He says.

Chachi simply shrugged innocently, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

"What? I am just giving information about you to your wife."