The Truth (Part - II)

Word count: 3,000

Surprise, surprise!! A bunch of people messaged me asking for the next chapter ASAP because they just couldn't wait until Sunday to find out what happens next. So, I stayed up last night and wrote this chapter just for you all. How could I ignore such sweet requests from my dear readers? Here's the new chapter. I hope you all will enjoy it!

Next update will be after 270+ votes on this chapter!!

Aur jo log mujhe follow nahi kar rahe hai, jaldi jaldi follow karlo mujhe guyssss!!

______________________________________

Devendra's pov -

"Things took a turn for the worse when Mrityunjay entered the picture," I continued, my voice tinged with bitterness.

Devyani's brows furrowed in confusion as she listened, her gaze never leaving mine.

"Mrityunjay had developed feelings for Diya, which only complicated the situation more. He had feelings for her that ran deeper than friendship." I continued, my gaze drifting to a distant memory.

"He... he was in love with Diya." I said and I heard a gasp from Devyani.

"I was the first person he told about his feelings for Diya, and I was stunned. Knowing that Diya was in love with me, I was certain she didn't feel the same way about Mrityunjay."

"I was conflicted about how to break this news to him because, being his brother, I knew Mrityunjay could be obsessive and intense. While he was calmer in nature compared to me, but when he set his mind on something, he would stop at nothing to achieve it."

"Mrityunjay's revelation had put me in a difficult position. On one hand, I wanted to be honest with him, to spare him the heartache of pursuing a love that would never be reciprocated."

"But on the other hand, I feared the consequences of shattering his hopes and dreams. I knew that Mrityunjay's feelings for Diya were genuine, and I didn't want to be the one to crush them."

"But as days went by, Mrityunjay's infatuation with Diya only seemed to grow stronger and he became extremely possessive for her."

"He became more persistent in his pursuit of her, showering her with gifts and attention, despite her clear lack of interest. I tried to warn him, to make him understand that what if Diya didn't feel the same way about him, but he refused to listen."

"He assured me that if Diya didn't reciprocate his feelings, he would accept her rejection gracefully and let her go. He promised to respect her decision." I said and looked at Devyani who was silent, so I continued.

"Things came to a head one fateful night when Mrityunjay confronted Diya about his feelings."

"I wasn't there when it happened. But when I learned about it, I was stunned to hear what Diya's response was to Mrityunjay's proposal."

Devyani leaned forward, her eyes filled with anticipation. "What did Diya say?" she asked softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

I took a deep breath, steeling myself to recount the events of that night. "She accepted his proposal."

"Diya told him that she is also in love with him." I replied, my voice heavy with anger.

Devyani's eyes widened in shock listening to this.

"What? How could she... I mean... she was..." Devyani stuttered, clearly shocked by the revelation.

"She was in love with you, right? Then how could she accept Mrityunjay's proposal, Dev?" She asked, looking at me.