I Want to Meet Mrityunjay

Word count: 2,500

Vote Target: 820
_______________________________________

Devyani's pov -

"But why didn't you tell me about this? Why did you hide it from me?" I asked.

"Biwi..."

"When.. when we got married, you know I didn't trust you because you kept saying you love me, and because of my past experience, I hated that word and thought you might be like Diya, a cunning girl."

"In fact, I had started believing that all girls are the same, they just use our emotions for their benefit."

"But then you changed my perspective. You proved your love to me at every turn," he explained.

"But...," he paused, looking away from me.

"But when it comes to Mrityunjay, I... I..." he stuttered and I understood why he was struggling to give answer of my question.

"But when it comes to Mrityunjay, you did not want to risk anything. That's why you kept it hidden from me," I finished his sentence. "Which means you never trusted me fully," I said as I stepped back from him.

He instantly grabbed my hand, "No, Biwi. It's not like that."

"Then what is it like, Dev, huh? Because from where I'm seeing things, it seems like you never trusted me fully, that's why you didn't share about Mrityunjay with me."

"I understand you didn't tell your family about this because they wouldn't be able to handle it."

"I also understand that in the beginning, you didn't tell me because you didn't believe in this marriage, you thought of me as a fraudulent girl like Diya."

"But after you accepted our relationship, after you accepted me fully as your wife, then you could have told me, right? But still, you didn't tell me," I said as I looked at him.

"Dev, how many times I have told you that, we are husband and wife, companions in joy and sorrow. If I'm with you in your happiness, I want to be with you in the hardships of your life too."

"I want to support you in whatever difficulties you face in life, so that you can face life's problems with strength," I said, this time pulling my hands away from his hold.

As I withdrew my hands from his grasp, a heavy silence settled between us, filled with unspoken tension and unresolved emotions.

"But you just don't seem to get it, do you?" I continued.

"We're partners, and keeping secrets from your partner like this only shows that you don't trust me enough to share your problems."

"You know what, Dev? It happens every single time. First, you shut me out, saying you can't share your things, your problems, your past with me. Then I have to beg you, I have to keep telling you, 'Please, Dev, don't shut me out. Share your problems with me, just like I did today.'

"Eventually, you do share your problem with me, and then I think, 'Okay, now I know everything about you. There are no more secrets between us.'"

"But then, more secrets come up in between. Every time I think there are no more secrets left, more secrets come out."

"And this cycle just keeps repeating, with you shutting me out, me begging you to share your problems, then you telling me your problem, and still, you keep hiding secrets from me."