Realising The Mistakes

Word count: 2,950

Please do vote guys!!! 🤌
_______________________________________

Devyani's pov –

It's been almost two months, since that unfortunate night, that changed a lot in our lives.

I was discharged from the hospital after one week. Dev was by my side the whole time, never leaving me alone for a minute. Not just him, but all our family members took great care of me.

Jay also came to see me before leaving for the rehab center to improve his mental health. Shalini Chachi wasn't okay with the idea at first, but Jay himself expressed his desire to get better soon so that he stay with his family.

That convinced Shalini Chachi to let him go.

Before leaving, Jay apologized to me again for everything he did. I told him I forgave him and just wanted him to get better quickly and come back home.

I made him promise to take all his medicines, injections, and therapies on time, and he agreed.

When I woke up after my surgery, I found out that Sanjay Chachaji had passed away. It was heartbreaking to know that his own son, Samar bhai, was the one who shot him. I felt really sad learning this.

I know Samar bhai regrets his decision deeply because it's not easy for any son, and no son can ever forget such a thing. A son having to shoot his own father to save his brother is a heartbreaking situation, but still he did it.

He had to make that decision to fulfill his family duty.

He tries to hide his pain with a smile, but you can see in his eyes that he's troubled and regrets what he did.

After seeing Samar bhai kill Sanjay Chacha Ji, we thought Jay would hate Samar bhai and Dev.

However, when Jay learned about Sanjay Chacha Ji's planning, he didn't said anything. He remained quiet and then left from the Rajvansh Mansion to the rehab center.

As for Shalini Chachi, she's not the same as before.

She's become quieter and withdrawn. She doesn't talk much or interact with anyone much. She still hasn't fully forgiven Dev and Samar bhai for what they did to Jay.

For the first two-three weeks, she didn't even speak to them, but gradually, she started talking a little because Dev and Samar bhai kept apologizing to her whenever they could.

Papaji and Dadu also realized that they had made a mistake. They shouldn't have treated Sanjay Chacha Ji that way. They should have understood that cornering a little child like that and comparing him to his older brother for everything, was wrong. It would definitely have a bad impact on any child.

But now they can't do anything because the damage was already done and Sanjay Chacha Ji is not with us anymore.

As more days passed, I realized many things.

I recognized all my mistakes that I made when Dev and I started our journey as husband and wife.

I was deeply in love with Dev from the beginning, but he had made it clear from the beginning that he did not want this marriage, and he did not believe in it.

But I was the one who told him that my love alone would be enough for both of us. I promised to wait for him, for the day when he would truly love me, he will willingly come to me and share his problems with me.

However, I never kept those promises. Whenever I had the chance, I always questioned him. I kept pressurizing him.

He kept insisting that when the right time came, he would come to me and share everything, but I never listened to him.