Why Do You Call Me Khubsoorat?

Word count: 2,850

The last updated chapter has more than 2.3K reads, but still the votes does not reach the given target, which was only of 420 votes.

Disappointed, as always!! 🙂

______________________________________

Devyani's pov –

"I need help choosing a gift for him," I said, glancing at Kashish and Samar Bhai. They exchanged a look as I continued, "What can I give him as a gift?"

"Gift? For Dev bhai?" Kashish looked surprised, and I nodded.

"Hmm, that's a tough one," she said, shaking her head. "I can't help with that."

"Me neither," Samar Bhai added, and they started to leave, but I stopped them. "Why not?" I asked.

"Bhabhi, Dev bhai is quite picky, and I'm not sure what he'd like. Also, he's not into parties, so we don't do much on his birthday," Samar Bhai explained.

"He likes things simple. So, we usually make his favorite food, sometimes cut a cake, and just spend time together talking. That's it."

"Ah, I see. Dev prefers simplicity. But don't you give him gifts?" I pressed. "Of course we give him gifts," they both replied. "Then please, give me some ideas," I pleaded hopefully.

"Bhabhi, you don't need to overthink it. Whatever you choose, Dev bhai will appreciate it. But I must admit, I struggled a lot to pick a gift for him. Even now, I'm not entirely sure if he'll like what I've chosen," Kashish confessed.

"So you've already bought a gift?" I asked. "What is it? Tell me," I insisted.

"No way, I won't tell in front of Samar bhai. Last year, he stole my gift idea. I'm not telling anyone this time," Kashish said, shooting a glare at Samar Bhai, who just rolled his eyes in response.

"Come on, Kashi. It was just a coincidence that we had the same idea," Samar bhai defended himself, and they both began to argue like children, signaling that I wouldn't get any help from them because they were busy in arguing amongst themselves.

I sighed, realizing I was on my own with this gift hunt. As Kashish and Samar Bhai continued their playful argument, I couldn't help but smile at their banter. Despite their teasing, it was clear that they cared deeply for each other and for Dev.

After a few moments, they finally noticed my amused expression and paused their argument. "Sorry, Bhabhi," Kashish said, grinning. "We tend to get carried away."

"It's okay," I replied, still smiling. "I will figure out myself what gift I should give to Dev," I said.

"Bhabhi you can ask Mom and Chachi. Maybe they have some suggestions which can help you." Kashish said as she glanced over at the dining table where Sharda Maa and Chachi were engrossed in conversation.

"NO!!" Samar Bhai interrupted abruptly, startling both of us. We turned to him, surprised. Samar Bhai noticed our reaction, and nervously scratched his neck with his hand.

"I mean, Bhabhi, please don't ask Mom at least. Because she'll only suggest one thing, and it's going to be about..." He trailed off, his voice trailing off nervously.

It's kinda cute seeing Samar bhai all flustered like this. I mean, I've always seen him as tough, like Dev, keeping his feelings in check. But today, he's a whole new sight.

"What? Samar bhai, what were you saying?" I asked.

"I was just saying... Mom's only going to suggest one thing, and it's going to be about creating 'Maahol' for Dev bhai," he blurted out quickly, avoiding eye contact.