Meeting Mrityunjay

Word count: 2,700

Vote target is still the same 820. No more new chapters before this chapter reaches the given target!!

_______________________________________

Devyani's pov

I glanced at Dev once more, and he nodded, gesturing for me to approach Mrityunjay. I slowly started taking steps towards him, my anklets rang softly.

As I walked, I saw his hand stop, which held the paintbrush. He was filling colors in the hair of the new, fresh portrait which he was making.

His hand paused, and he slowly kept his brush on the plate that was kept on the table. My heart raced as I saw him slowly turn his face towards me.

As he finally turned fully, my breath hitched. Dev was right, he looked almost like him. All his facial features were similar to Dev's except for the eye color. Mrityunjay's eyes were black, while Dev's were gray and he was leaner than Dev.

As I looked at him, I saw him observing me from head to toe with a frown on his face.

"H-Hi, Jay," I said, trying to be confident in my voice. He didn't say anything, just silently looked at me.

"Chiku aise baat karegi toh nahi chalega, baat karne se pehle hi bhaga dega vo tujhe," I thought in my mind.

(Chiku if you talk like this, it won't work. He'll just ask you to leave before you even start talking to him)

I closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breath.

"Hi, Jay! I'm Devyani. I've come here to meet you. How are you?" I asked, slowly taking one more step towards him.

His eyes shifted behind me.

I knew what he was looking at. He was looking at Dev, who was standing a few steps away from us. I don't know if Dev had given him any signal or what, but now Mrityunjay's expression changed a bit slightly.

"Who are you? And why are you here?" he asked.

"I told you already, My name is Devyani and I have come here to meet you," I replied with a soft voice.

"Why did you want to meet me?" he asked as he picked up a small bottle of blue paint, observing it. As I stood before Jay, his piercing gaze made me nervous. I don't know why I was feeling this much nervous, but somehow I held my ground.

"Seriously, this guy is looking fine to me right now. He is talking normally, no one would say that his mental condition is not good" I thought in my mind.

His question about why I wanted to meet him caught me off guard, but I tried to answer honestly.

"Because I wanted to. I wanted to meet you. Dev, your brother, told me that you wanted to meet a family member yesterday. That's why I have come here to meet you," I replied, and I saw his eyes snap at me.

"Dev? Huh?"

"You are calling Dev bhai as Dev. He doesn't allow many people to call him Dev except those who are close to him," he said as he placed the blue paint bottle back in its place.