Revealing Scars, Healing Hearts

The next chapter will be uploaded on 27th Feb at 8PM!!

_______________________________________

Devyani's pov - 

The morning sun filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow in the room. I stirred in my sleep, as I feel a gentle touch caressing my cheeks.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Dev looking at me with warmth and admiration, his touch soft against my skin.

But as soon as our gazes met, the warmth vanished from his eyes, leaving them blank and emotionless.

"Dev," I said, sitting up with a wince of pain in my back from sleeping in an uncomfortable position all night. "How are you feeling?"

He didn't respond immediately, lost in his thoughts as he stared at the ceiling. After a few moments, he finally replied, "I'm fine, biwi," in a tone devoid of any emotion.

Helping him sit up properly, I rearranged the pillows to make him more comfortable.

"Are you sure you're fine? You're not in any pain?" I asked, concern evident in my voice as I gently touched his face.

"Why are you here, biwi?" Dev asked, his voice plain and emotionless, catching me off guard. His words stung, and for a moment, I was at a loss for words.

"What do you mean by this question Dev? I...I'm here because this is my home too" I said, my voice trembling slightly.

His next words left me speechless. "I meant, why are you here near me, in this room? Because the last time I checked, you didn't want to be near me. That's why you ran away from me that day without giving me a chance to say anything." His words hit me like a ton of bricks, the memory of that day flooding back to me.

I took a deep breath, trying to gather my thoughts.

"Dev, you are taking this all in a wrong way. I... I didn't know how to react that day. I was embarrassed, and I panicked." I confessed.

He looked at me, his expression unreadable.

"Embarrassed about what, Biwi? That I saw you dancing? You know, when I saw you dancing that day to the rhythm of that song, it felt like I was witnessing something special, something meant only for me."

"I tried to resist the strong urge to reach out to you, to pull you into my arms and lose myself in the moment. But seeing you dance so gracefully, so freely, was too much for me."

"As the music surrounded us, I reached out and placed my hands on your waist, pulling you close.

"And as I expected, you stopped abruptly. I understand it must have been a shock for you, as you were completely lost in the dance, so suddenly being touched by someone. It was natural for you to be shocked."

"Within a second you opened your eyes and saw it was me."

"But then, the next thing you did was slip out of my grasp and ran away from me. You ran away from me."

"You reacted as if my touch had burned you."

"I was okay with you running away from me like that, but then you sent Yuvraj to give me the information that you are leaving for your home..."

"Seriously, Biwi? You were leaving, and you didn't even think about meeting me before you went?"

As Dev spoke, his words pierced through me, stirring up a whirlwind of emotions inside me. His touch had felt like fire that day, igniting a mix of fear and embarrassment within me.