The Birthday Gift

Word count: 3,580
Do vote guys!!! 🤌

I have attached a image in this chapter. Rotate your phone while reading the text written in it. That way you will be able to read it properly!!

Also, in case you can't read the words properly, which is written in that image, check the comment section. I have posted whatever is written in that image in the comment section also!!

_______________________________________

Devyani's pov –

I woke up to the warm sunlight streaming into our bedroom. My hand reached out for Dev on the other side of the bed, but he wasn't there. His scent lingered, though. I couldn't sleep last night, so I hugged his pillow, which still smelled like him.

I checked my phone, hoping for a message from Dev, but there was nothing. He had texted me that he arrived safely in Delhi, but after that, silence.

I called to wish him a happy birthday at midnight, but the call wouldn't connect. So, I sent him a message instead, but it didn't seem to deliver. I don't remember when I fell asleep worrying about him.

Now, I still hadn't heard anything from him, and I was getting anxious. What should I do?

After thinking for a bit, I decided to push away the negative thoughts. Dev promised he'd come back safely today. So, I chose to believe he would. With a positive mindset, I got out of bed and got ready for the day.

Downstairs, I greeted everyone and helped with breakfast. As I was setting the table, I noticed Samar coming downstairs, engrossed in his phone. "Samar Bhai," I called out. He looked up and came over to me.

"Yes, Bhabhi?" he asked.

I explained my worry about not hearing from Dev since his message about reaching Delhi.

Samar Bhai tried to reassure me, saying it wasn't the first time Dev had traveled outside Rajasthan and that phone issues can happen. It is possible that may be he forgot to charge his phone. He reminded me that Dev said he'd be back today.

So, he advised me to relax and focus on preparing for Dev's birthday. I felt better hearing his words and agreed to relax and wait for Dev's return.

After the breakfast was done, all of us except Dadu, Dad and Samar Bhai worked together with a few servants of our house to decorate the Rajvansh Mansion.

I know Dev prefers to keep things simple way, so we were decorating the mansion in a very simple and basic manner, not much decoration. I kept checking my phone every time in a few minutes to see if I got any response from him but got nothing.

Despite my lingering concerns, I tried to stay positive and enjoy the preparations.

Every passing hour felt like an eternity as I anxiously awaited any news from Dev.

"Huhh! Mr Rajvansh. You made me worried for you, vapas aane do iski sazaa to jarur milegi." I thought in my mind.

(When you will come back you will be punished for making me worried for you, Mr Rajvansh)

As the day progressed, I kept myself busy with various tasks to distract myself from worrying about Dev. After the decoration was done, me and Sharda Maa, Shalini Chachi went to the kitchen, I cooked all of Dev's favorite dishes that Mom and Shalini Chachi told me about.

I even made a special Butterscotch cake because Dev loves buttery treats. As the evening approached, I felt a mix of excitement and nervousness.

Everything was ready - the decorations, the food, the cake. Now we just had to wait for Dev to arrive.